Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Hooker side exhaust

BlackThunder........."

www.spiralturbobaffles.com (STS) I thought we had talked about these before?? There is a sound clip from Chuck Harmons L-88 going up an on-ramp in California. It's better LIVE, but gives your ear food for thought !! JCL PS. Whats the web for ERA?

Here's the link for ERA. One day, if Ford never builds the new GT-40 or I'm not able to afford it, I think I'll try their recreation. Pick up an issue of Kit Car to see a wonderful Blue GT-40 on the cover and inside. :upthumbs --Bullitt

Thanks JCL we probably discussed them. My CRS is getting worse:L
Thanks Bullit for postin the link:w
John

E.R.A. bought the manufacturing and marketing rights for the D&D Grand Sport from Dean Hoskins, but not the tooling. Dean is still building kits and turnkey cars in Akron, and E.R.A. is in the midst of redesigning the product and building new tooling.

I built mine from a raw D&D kit - it's not a Mid-America (which you have to sacrifice a mid-year coupe for, chop off both ends, and bond the Mid-America front and rear clips to it). Fun car, took about a year and a half to build - built a STOUT 383 for it, M-21, 3.08 cruise gear; weighed 2340# wet, ran 12.40's@118 on street tires with the 3.08 - tough to launch. Put Vintage Air A/C in it (gotta cruise in comfort in 85-90 degree heat), was able to hide all of it except the compressor. Built it as an exact replica of Chassis #003 as it was driven by Foyt and Cannon at Sebring '64, had great help from Tom Armstrong (owns the real #003) in the final detailing. Sold it four years ago for $70K, new owner shipped it overseas and toured Europe in it for six weeks (and got excessive noise tickets in six countries :) ).

Interior and engine bay shots below:

gsint.jpg

gseng.jpg

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom