Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Hooker Sidemount finished pics & K&N filter pic

SWEEEEEEEEET

Looks great Tom. The pipes make it, no doubt. I have the same K&N on my 62 but I also have a high rise intake so I had to go with an L88 scoop to get it to clear. Nice differeence with that setup huh? Gets a whole lot more air with that lid.

Thanks Lou..
Lots More air ,noticible HP Gain..
TC

I like it all. Those pipes really make that car stand up and look aggressive. I love the air cleaner.

You done good!

:upthumbs Great job, TC. Now when are you going to fix those lights? ;)

Heh Heh..The lights..the lights..I only let you guys Know those things..cause your the ones who'll help me get them fixed:L

Im heading for the parts store real soon for a vacuum pump and then, aggressivly go after the problem. My feeble attempts for an
easy fixed are zipola.. I have no More idea where the leak is than before..I dont hear any leak..I havent blown any smoke into the system either. I decided to pull the dash and replace all hoses and components,(except the pricey ones if they check out good) then maybe Ill never have to chase this coon again..
Thanks for the replies ..rumble..rumble..
TC:w

GOD how I love those pipes!! :D Looks great Tom.

......... Nut

TC they look great & you are reminded every time ya turn the key. The sweet sound of a V8 exiting right next to where ya sit! Enjoy:)

They sure look great on a '69. Nice job Tom.

Tom

Great looking vette. Good luck with the lights

Roy

Very nice. :)

Hey Chris,
That 69 at Kissimmee looks to be a carbon copy (except the hood) of my exterior and style , including the "color"!!, outstanding:)
What is that hood, does it identify the car as a particular 69 engine option??
TC

Tom,
That is the standard 427 hood.

Tom

Eardrums ??

TC: I want Hookers on my '69 Soooooooooooooo bad !!!!!

But I've been warned by more than one person, that the sound gets old real quick on a drive of any duration at all. Do you find the sound level annoying after awhile when you're driving ?

Al Clermont, Fl

That 69 in Kissimmee was at the OctoberVette show. The fellow had just bought it not long ago and was trying to sell if for $18K. It had 1987 burgundy/maroon Vette paint and some other very nice features. He and his wife were very friendly and both admitted to having burned their legs on the pipes.

This was an air car with several very nice options. He did not have much history on it, and it really seemed a shame he was selling it so soon. I think he had his eye on something else. Don't we all?

I had to snap several pictures of it as it looked so nice. I would have prefered bright red, black, or silver for a color as the burgundy did not do much for me.

Goldshark,
I havent really had it out on a "long duration" , I think your meaning like 500 miles on the freeway at 75mph?
I have had it out on the twisties for 200mi. 25-65 using the gears. Its awsome. My hair is standing up again driving like it used to.

Plus I feel it was one of the culminating touches of my planned ,strategic upgrade package ..ex. By routing the pipes to the side, I can upgrade the unispring to composite without reservations about heating it and possibly degrading its stability..ect..
Also 69's were optioned with sidepipes, not that that is a big factor but somehow it did eliminate any thoughts that I was doing a "chop". I wont do any "chop" on my car, thats for sure!

Hooker options a reverse flow insert that is the most mild in sound. I got their glaspack option which is more rumble in all ranges but still not radical.
JCL, a fellow member, makes baffles for this system also, they are the biggest firebreathers, more for the racing apps.
Thanks for asking..
TC

Chris,
I see.
Im not sure what my color is, I had heard from one of the florida owners, There were two, Both in Sarasota, that it was firecracker red? he had that noted in some documentation but with a question mark?
I know this, The color changes incredibly with the light thats on it. Under street lights at night, its a definite dark tomato color, in the daylight shade, it looks the same color as the Kissimmee car. in the sunlight its bright red..
Im babbling and will stop now..
TC

Tom,

It is a totally different color than your car. It is a metalic burgundy/maroon.

I like the red on your car. It is bright and fast looking.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom