Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Horn fuse blowes.

flier32

Corvette
1986 Yellow Coupe
Something as easy as repairing the horn in my ’86 is kicking my butt. The problem I’m having is the fuse keeps blowing. Short in the system, yes but where. I’ve shot all wires, replaced the relay and horns. Replace the fuse and all works normal for about a week. It seems to be related to certain steering wheel movements. Last time the fuse blew was while I was adjusting the tilt of the column. Any ideas?

Their are a bazillion wires in the column...could be when you adjust the column one of them is getting pinched. The wire for the horn in the column is Black...what it does is ground the horn relay so it toots. However, the fuse which is the CTSY/CLOCK fuse runs lots of other things including the Center Info Cluster, Under hood lamps, Horn Relay, Courtesy Lamps, Map Lamps, Power Door Locks, Clock in the radio, Key and Headlight warning, Dome Timer, Spare Tire Light, Antenna relay, Cargo Lamps, Cigar lighter, Console Lamp, and Vanity light.

Thanks, Jon...........That's the kind of information that is VERY helpful. I'm also still having horn trouble on my '86 and have gone through manual after manual and that fuse info never showed up. (you mean it runs all that stuff??) :crazy
Gordon

(Don't let your schooling get in the way of your education......Mark Twain)

Which fuse are you constantly replaceing??? Is it labled "Theft" on your fuse panel???

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom