Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Horn relay location

Dougs91

Corvette
1991 blue coupe
Hey guys!! now go easy on me... need to repalce the horn relay on my 91 coupe. Helm's manual shows it under the passanger knee bolster,within a bank of relays, is this easy to get to? Sometimes the manual makes it sound/look easier than it really is. Thanks:)

All you need to do is remove the black plastic knee well cover.

Maybe 3 bolts in the foot well area and if I remember,
There are some hidden bolts behind the fuse panel bezel.

You need to take the fuse panel door off, then 3 bolts holding the fuse panel bezel. Pull the side carpet down
(Velcro) and remove a couple of bolts that hold the side of the black plastic knee well cover. (also some people call the hush panel).

On my car some Bubba just removed the bolts under the knee area and pulled the cover off. It's now cracked so now I need to purchase a replacement cover. :mad

Once the cover is off you lay on your back and look up and you'll see the relays.

All you need to do is remove the black plastic knee well cover.

Maybe 3 bolts in the foot well area and if I remember,
There are some hidden bolts behind the fuse panel bezel.

You need to take the fuse panel door off, then 3 bolts holding the fuse panel bezel. Pull the side carpet down
(Velcro) and remove a couple of bolts that hold the side of the black plastic knee well cover. (also some people call the hush panel).

On my car some Bubba just removed the bolts under the knee area and pulled the cover off. It's now cracked so now I need to purchase a replacement cover. :mad

Once the cover is off you lay on your back and look up and you'll see the relays.
ecss
incredible! after 6 years someone needed this info! gracias. who'da'thunkit?
joe

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom