Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Hot Rod Power Tour

firstgear

Corvette
15 Z06, 01 Vert, 63 SWC & 60 ALL RED
well, change in plans, took the '37 Ford 502w/supercharger out last weekend and after some spirited driving getting ready to go, blew the head gasket....so the back up plan is to take the '64 coupe....we will be in Madison, Racine and south Bend (bailing out of Michigan) then heading home....

This is what I will have, it has a white 2007 Power Tour Flag on the rear antenna....look for the gray hair/beard fat guy, that is me....

stop by and say HI!:upthumbs

IMG_3995carshowsmall-vi.jpg

sIMG_1454-vi.jpg

first day was cold and overcast with a bit of rain at the end of the day.....

lots of cars, number of vettes and of course everyhing in between. Vic Edlebrock was there and he was signing give away hats, nice guy.

Motocross was running and the newer vettes were very disappointing. The guys driving them just didnt know how to hot foot it through the cones, even the new style Z06's were pretty sad in comparison to the Chevelle, Mustang or a '60 Impala that scooted through the cones very quickly

good time was had by all!!!

Thanks for the update Herb. I've always wanted to join in on the Power tour..............one of these days!:cool

Hopefully it'll show up on the speed channel soon.

Dennis

Sunday

This turned out to be a beautiful day, rainy and cold this morning, but cold and sunny this afternoon. Lots and lots of cars....

We were about 3/4 through the first leg and out of no where MAGICV8 comes up on my righ, we chat and off we all go again.. I will post photos later.......very tiring day for sure.

lots of stop and go traffic. lots of burnouts as well. perhaps one too many for my '64 so will have to take it easy. motor runs strong, but the clutch is a bit old.....

take care...Herb:upthumbs

Got home tonight......we had a great time and saw lots and lots of really nice cars.

Before the photos, only a couple of comments....we stopped by the Painless Booth today and Power Tour participants were coming up trying to get the front windshield HOT ROD POWER TOUR 2009 decal for their cars like below:
IMG_8383Small-vi.jpg

only problem, the guy behind the table said THEY WERE OUT! On Monday! I got mine on the first day, Saturday. But people were joining the tour along the way. Each entry ticket got you 2 stickers. That was it. YIKES, there are going to be some upset people. The marketing guy for painless should just jump off the tallest building now. There is no way they should run out, it is like having a party and running out of food when only 1/3 of the guests had shown up.

Traffic near any of the venues, UGH. My left leg is much stronger now from working that clutch so much. The long lines and the number of cars (I think the number had to exceed what they were expecting). There were over 3300 cars just in Racine. In South Bend it looked like even more.

Ok, now the good stuff. The cars.....the real stars of the event. No disappointment there....here are a few that make us open our eyes and the link takes you to all my photos with many other cars there as well....

IMG_9429Small-vi.jpg

As we were driving along, who should come up on our right, MAGICV8!
IMG_8403Small-vi.jpg

IMG_8401Small-vi.jpg

IMG_8398Small-vi.jpg

from some of the stops...
IMG_9428Small-vi.jpg

IMG_9406Small-vi.jpg

I am not sure if I was looking at the read out for this car or not, but what I saw was about 300hp...

IMG_9368Small-vi.jpg

IMG_9384Small-vi.jpg

IMG_9386Small-vi.jpg

IMG_9320Small-vi.jpg

IMG_9331Small-vi.jpg

IMG_9334Small-vi.jpg

Sharon and Vic Edelbrock
IMG_9276Small-vi.jpg

RAIN!
IMG_9288Small-vi.jpg

IMG_9244Small-vi.jpg

link to all my photos, but merely a fraction of the cars that were there..
Hot Rod Power Tour 2009 album | Herb Turner | Fotki.com

Great pics Herb. I'm glad that you had a good time.

Tom

Corvettes of the 2009 Power Tour

My list has Corvettes in order of appearance and then a few others.

I posted the pics here:

MAGICV8 Corvette Site

PS: Anyone who doesn't believe that a c2 can do 85mph in a downpour and not take on rain water can ask DZVETTE (Dave Zuberer), my passenger in FIRSTGEAR's picture (above).

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom