Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Hot rubber smell

Gripey

Corvette
2000 Torch Red Coupe, 2010 Jetstream Blue GS
We are smelling a hot/ burned rubber smell in the car when we stop our "10 GS. Especially, when we have been on the highway and then slow to a stop. We really don't notice this with in town driving.
It smells like a belt slipping (or something similiar) but can't see anything. We have went over, under and around the car and can find nothing that seems to contribute to the smell. When we get out , we really can't smell anything outside the car.

Any ideas or has anyone experienced this?

We are smelling a hot/ burned rubber smell in the car when we stop our "10 GS. Especially, when we have been on the highway and then slow to a stop. We really don't notice this with in town driving.
It smells like a belt slipping (or something similiar) but can't see anything. We have went over, under and around the car and can find nothing that seems to contribute to the smell. When we get out , we really can't smell anything outside the car.

Any ideas or has anyone experienced this?
No, but with my 2011 Z06 I get a very strong smell of natural gas when stopping with a quick lift throttle. At first I thought I was in the middle of a huge gas leak in the area but it contiued to follow so I knew it was me. It has been confirmed by seveal Chevrolet mechanics but nobody has been able to find the source. I saw that some were having this problem in 2008 but I guess it's still around.
Paul

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom