Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Hot Vette, in more ways than one..

I completely understand about keeping it "original". The factory set up does keep the car cool in most conditions. Ask anyone here and they will say that the car doesn't need to be radically modified, just radically repaired. Although, I do find it funny that in my owners manual it states "..if the temperature exceeds 220, turn off the air conditioning..." They couldn't even build them cool enough right out of the factory! :) Good luck with getting everything back together. If there is a cost issue, the aluminum radiator could actually be less expensive. Look around and see what prices you can get. Have fun and don't forget to get some neosporin and bandaides for all the cut knuckles you're gonna get putting it all back together!

Those fan blades are sharp. haha

Russ

Yeah, the back and knuckles have had a nice workout yesterday, spent most of today recovering. People look at me funny when I walk around bent over a few moments after getting out of a chair, I usually just kind mumble something about a corvette and they leave me alone.

I havent given up on the electric fan idea for the sake of simplicity, I'll call around and see what's available. I'd really like to keep a regular clutch fan on it, less to go wrong, those clutches last a long time if there made decent and not already three decades old.

I thought it was sad also that they couldnt cool the darn things from the start. It reminds me of a friends 87 Caddy, the manual and even underhood there's a sticker, that practically screams that you must use the official GM stop-leak whenever you change the coolent or serious engine damage will occur. That's pathetic.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom