Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Hotchkis Sway Bars

Mean In Green

Corvette
1998 Fairway Green Metallic/Light Oak A4 Coupe
Matt G. at Exit 28 Motorsports said they no longer carry Hotchkis swaybars or Bilstein Shocks, so I went ahead and ordered them through LAPD... I decided on this combo based on many posts I read at C5Forum.com on the subject. It seemed that most people felt that was the way to go. Then, Matt G. writes me back and says he doesn't recommend the Hotchkis because of noise problems and to go with the Z06 swaybars instead. I've already put in the order, so I'm a little concerned. Has anyone had noise problems with their Hothckis swaybars? Are they NOT, in fact, my best option?

Thanks,
Mean In Green
98 A4 Coupe

Correct, to an extent

Hi there,
Matt is correct, to an extent. The noise, is really caused, for the most part, by the end links. The bars themselves really do not make noise, if installed correctly.
Personally, I like 02 ZO6 bars myself, but this is a personal preference, NOT anything else.
Progression of predictability when at high speeds in the turns, are what I like best about FE4 sway bars.
I hope that this helps, besttoyou, c4c5:hb

Question, is there a difference between the Z-06 sway bars and the Z-51 sway bars, and if so what?
Herbie

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom