Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

How do I get the wiper arms off 82?

JohnGrawcock

Corvette
Claret 82, Light Bronze 84, and Black 69 Vert
I need to get the wiper arms of my 82 out of the way for windshield removal/replacement. I don't see a retainer or set screw so I'm guessing they are press fit, but how do I get them off? Anyone have suggestions?
;help

aside from removing the entire assembly from the car i dont see any other way.... but why remove them at all.... just work around them they arent THAT MUCH in the way from what i just looked at

If I remeber correctly, you pull up on the arm to release a small clip at the base, then using a puller or screw driver work the arm off the shaft. The small clip has to be released or the arm will not come up off the shaft. Raising the arm up pulls the clip out of the way. The clip is under the arm assembly, that is why you don't notice it.

If I remeber correctly, you pull up on the arm to release a small clip at the base, then using a puller or screw driver work the arm off the shaft. The small clip has to be released or the arm will not come up off the shaft. Raising the arm up pulls the clip out of the way. The clip is under the arm assembly, that is why you don't notice it.

Yup. What he said. Clip, then pull straight up.
:)

Spend five bucks at the auto parts store for a wiper remove/install tool - pops 'em off and on in seconds. :)

:upthumbs Thanks for the feedback guys. I'm going to go pull them off right now.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom