Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Grand Sport How do i go about to make this happen?

For discussions related to a Grand Sport Corvette.

junkyardjohn

Corvette
2010 grand sport covert. blue
I want to add an opion that i should of gotten from day 1.
It's a display on the windshield as to the rpm, speed etc.
Can this be added? And what's needed?

I have a 2010 grand sport convertible w/lt2 pack. Manuel trans. Car has 96 miles at the moment.

I want to add an opion that i should of gotten from day 1.
It's a display on the windshield as to the rpm, speed etc.
Can this be added? And what's needed?

I have a 2010 grand sport convertible w/lt2 pack. Manual trans. Car has 96 miles at the moment.

Could the HUD be added?
Probably.
Is it practical?
Well... it depends on how much work you want to do and how much you want to spend.

Adding the HUD would likely require a near-complete disassembly of the instrument panel and dashboard. Then you'd have to buy and install all the HUD hardware. Lastly, adding the HUD may require reprogramming of one of the car's computers, but I'm not sure on that.

Hib is correct. It is not worth the hassle of the install to do it now. The wiring harness for the HUD may or may not be there because the car was ordered without it. I don't know about all models of Corvette but Chevrolet commonly assembles cars and trucks with wiring harnesses that are specific to the level of vehicle being built. So if one was built without an option, there is no connection point for an add on. If you really want to do it, you should probably try to find a wrecked C6 for the donor parts because you may not be able to purchase some of the parts over the counter. And the ones you can are going to be at a premium.

For me, the only benefit for that is so you can watch your speed and the road at the same time.
Example: I was doing a speed run i-75. I got up to 180+, wanting to go all the way, but noticed I was going off line during the 3 seconds it took for my eye to go all the way down and back from the odometer. It was thrilling but NOT SAFE. lol

I added HUD to a 2004 C5 that I had and it wasn't very expensive to do. But at the time there were a lot of how to's on the internet so finding instructions was easy.

I added HUD to a 2004 C5 that I had and it wasn't very expensive to do. But at the time there were a lot of how to's on the internet so finding instructions was easy.
C5's were easy,The wiring was allready in place.I don't know about the newer ones.;shrug

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom