Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: How do I turn off twighlight sentinal?

Daga666AA

Corvette
2001 Quick Silver Coupe, 6 Speed
I can't find out how to turn off the twighlight sentinal on my '01.

I went through the Options but there isn't an obvious way to turn it off.

It was off when I got the car but was somehow turned on after the third fix for the steering lock security fix.

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks

The owner's manual for my 1999 C5 has specific instructions for the twilight sentinel feature / option, and how to turn it on or off.

Did you check your owner's manual?

I've heard that too but this is an American 'vette.

I've heard that too but this is an American 'vette.

Are you sure your Vette wasn't originally put in service in Canada? If it was originally sold in Canada, Dwayne is correct: you won't be able to disable the twilight sentinel feature.

Quite sure it was delivered in USA - had the VIN run at the Chevy Dealer near me and he asked if I was the original owner by addressing me by that person's name...

Why won't the reset button work? Does the car have to be running or off? Does the light sensor have to be in a bright area to make the change?

Quite sure it was delivered in USA - had the VIN run at the Chevy Dealer near me and he asked if I was the original owner by addressing me by that person's name...

Why won't the reset button work? Does the car have to be running or off? Does the light sensor have to be in a bright area to make the change?

The car has to be on, or at least the key interserted and turned to the on position without actually starting the engine. If the car was never a Canadian vehicle, the only other explanation I can offer is that your reset button may not be fully making contact when you press it.

The reset button works correctly. I have been clearing low tire pressure warnings since it's been getting cooler out recently. The reset also worked through other options but not on twighlight sentinal yesterday.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom