Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

How do other Corvette owner feel about....

Rcurry23

Corvette
1999 Torch Red Coupe
How do other Corvette owners feel about coupes that put on the dummy Z06 side vents? The reason I ask is, the car I bought has them on it and mines a coupe. I know they don't belong on there, but they don't look bad on there. I just don't want to look like a wannabe, to other Vette owners with them on there. So I want some honest opinions, you will not hurt my feelings. I'm just trying to decide weather or not to take them off or not.

Mike

Just forget about this post, I'm gonna remove them, if they were true vents I would have no choice, but they are fakes, so.... they are coming off!

all show and NO go :W

:useless

We need some pictures. Normally I don't care for them but it all depends on the car, color and other trinkets that might give them the :upthumbs

BTW You going to join us for Cruise Fest next year? Bowling Green isnt that far.

I agree with you taking them off. I would also remove them. I never have like to try to be something that I'm not.

I agree with the others...remove them!

Elaine

:useless

We need some pictures. Normally I don't care for them but it all depends on the car, color and other trinkets that might give them the :upthumbs

BTW You going to join us for Cruise Fest next year? Bowling Green isnt that far.

Ok, first off, these are the only pictures I have and since the pictures, the headlight has been fixed! Couldn't stand the winking headlight look. And I decided to take the vents off, so those will be gone. Hopefully today! And looking for some either chrome or black Z06 wheels, not because their Z06, but because I like the style compared to these wagon wheels. I checked to see about getting these stripped and polished, and they would be as much as buying repro Z06 wheels, so...
vt1.jpg

vt2.jpg

vt3.jpg

As far as the Cruise Fest next year. I could see me attending that! Bowling Green is not far at all, from here. Can you shoot me a link of the schedule?

Good grief! :L

On behalf of Corvette owners everywhere I salute you and sincerely thank you for rescuing that one, Mike!! ;LOL

I agree... take the vents off and get rid of those wheels too.

I know that it's all about "your car, do what you want"... but that's too much - in my humble opinion.

I like the C5 Z06 rims too. A lot of C5 owners replaced stock rims with the Z06 rims and I think they'll look fine on your coupe. :thumb

BTW... CruiseFest 2009 date hasn't been nailed down as of yet but it should be soon. It will be announced when it's set. We'll look forward to seeing you in BG!

:wJane Ann

I know that it's all about "your car, do what you want"... but that's too much - in my humble opinion.

I agree with you. And as said before the vents should be off today! When I went to look at it, those were the two things I questioned. "Whats up with the wheels, and why they put those fake vents on a coupe?" It will be back to normal soon, but have to get my daily in the back ground painted first. I hate seeing her in a three tone.

Good grief! :L

d to seeing you in BG!

:wJane Ann
I agree... take the vents off and get rid of those wheels too. Nice car but will be nicer if tastefully done.

Ok, I got the vents of on my lunch break today. But it left some double sided tape residue on the body. Is there a chemical or something I can get to remove the sticky left behind, without messing up the paint?

Denatured Alcohol did the trick on getting the double sided tape off. So the Vette is free of vents now.

OK, so now we need pics for this intermediate phase!

s'noJob

OK, so now we need pics for this intermediate phase!

s'noJob

No photos today, its raining out, but maybe this weekend. I decided to go ahead and look at getting the wheels swapped now too. So maybe I won't feel so out of place with the red wheels on there.

Before:

vt2.jpg

And after:

VetteLeft.jpg

Now, what do you all think of these wheels on it? In black, competition silver, or chrome?

chevy-c62k8.gif

They show these wheels as being a 2008 C6 wheel in the C5 sizes. Will I have any problems using the tire sensors with these wheels?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom