Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

How do you install Hardtop??

If it's for your 87, the GM factory hartop will not fit without an adapter kit. The hardtop (RPO CC2) came out in 1989 and those cars had a flat mounting plate on the inside of the B-pillar an just below the plastic corner trim piece. There were two threaded holes on the side of the plate and a small tab at 90 degrees to the plate at the bottom.

On the later cars, there is a captive bolt in the windshield pillar that holds the front of the hardtop top in place. The rear decklid latches should have a nut welded to the bottom of the assembly to take the captive bolt in the rear locator pins on the hardtop. Not sure if your 87 would have them but the retrofit kit includes the assembly.

I have scanned pics of the hardtop install instructions that came with the factory top and I 'll send those to you. But until you get the adapter kit, the top won't attach to the 87

Hope the instructions helped!!.. The hardtop is a great addition to a vert and actually makes the car stiffer than a coupe. It will quiet squeaks and rattles and the car is quieter inside.

I agree, the c4 convertible with the hardtop installed is much quieter and much more solid, it feels like a totally different car. It's too bad the newer corvette convertibles don't have this option, a hardtop looks fantastic on a corvette.

I agree, when you put the hardtop on it changes the vette to something else, it looks different and feels different, I use mine in the fall and early spring and the differance is unbelivable. :)

I dug the mannual out of my wifes 89 roadster maybe this will help!
installhardtoppg1.jpg

installhardtoppg2.jpg

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom