Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

How do you insure your corvette?

How do you insure your corvette?

• Full coverage- liability, comprehensive, collision.

Votes: 34 61.8%
  • Liability Only

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Limited Use/ Antique

Votes: 10 18.2%
  • Agreed Value

Votes: 18 32.7%
  • Other

Votes: 1 1.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

akfox1

Corvette
1969 Lemans Blue Conv. 350, Keisler 5 sp
How is your C3 insured? What do you pay per year?

I have full coverage (liability, comprehensive, collision, up to an agreed value.) Cost is $408 per year. This company has all my vehicles, and home owners policy as well.

I drive my car less than 2000 miles per year. Just curious what others do for insurance.

I have classic car insurance (forget which company)
Unlimited miles - Agreed value $15,500. - $250 a year.

I have full coverage with my regular insurer for about $600. While I haven't looked that hard, the classic car insurers I have looked at don't want to give enough liability coverage to satsify my umbrella carrier's requirements.

Agreed value with the standard carriers is fairly expensive.

How doyou insure your Corvette?

I only drive my Vette May- Nov, I have it insured for full coverage those months . I park it in my garage insured for off road only [I can't drive on the
road] . I have insurance on it , while it is in storage . I don't drive the Vette in
the winter months . I'm paying $250 a year.

I have Rare insured with Hagerty Insurance. Agreed value of $23,000 (at their suggestion) I stated 5,000 miles per year, but on the long trips from California to Bowling Green, KY and Auburn, IN I called them and told them I would exceed the 5,000 miles for the year and they said NO Problem.. Cost is $438 per year.

Bud

I went with Leland West.

They only insure my Vette, the other vehicles and the house have a seperate carrier. I am limited to 5000 miles a year and it must be kept in a locked garage. I pay $392 per year and have a $25,000 agreed value. They cover flat bed towing and origional replacment parts along with my choice of repair shop.

I'm not really concerned about the milage limit, as I only put 5-6K per year on my truck.

-steve

American Collectors Insurance. Agreed value 14,000. Full coverage with no deductable. $218 per year. Of course the C6 is more :D

I am insuring a 1979 and a 1976 for $76.00/month through Safeco. I don't have a garage, just a carport and this was thee only classic car insurance I could get. Previously i was being GOUGED , BIG TIME..by Nationwide until I switched to Safeco a year ago...

Andy

Billybeau1 said:
American Collectors Insurance. Agreed value 14,000. Full coverage with no deductable. $218 per year. Of course the C6 is more :D

my vette is insured through hagerty insurance company. liability limits matching my regular driver vehicles, no deductible comp and collision with towing. valued at 12,000 (under restoration currently with the understanding that the value will be increased upon completion of the interior and appropriate pictures of same). no hard fast milage limitations, cost 164.00/year. must be in a garage and must not be used on a daily basis, milage within reason, are the only restrictions.

i have posted this before, so i guess it should be repeated again, in my opinion, it is not what you pay as much as it is the service you get should you be unfortunate to have to use it. when i was doing a bit of research (and having been previously insured through an agent (condon and skelly) and having had the company changed every so often)). the names that kept coming up from folks who had the misfortune of having to deal with a company for a claim and who were satisfied with both the service and the treatment they received were gundy and hagerty.

hagerty seemed a bit more flexible than gundy to me, and i was fortunate to find a local agent who was also a car guy. i figured it couldn't hurt to have someone in the hobby on my side, lol.

JonM said:
My insurance company has a scale...they sell me insurance using 100 dollar bills by the pound. :D They tell me to keep putting it on, and they will tell me when to stop. :)
Yea JonM,Mine too!! My Liability Cost me $3500. a year!! 6 Dealer plate's 4 Transport plates!! My C5 is all I have Full Covrage on $100. a month!! :cry junk!!

American Collectors, no deductible,appraised value $16,000 $221.00 per year

AARP/Hartford Insurance

I'm 58 and retired, and I drive my '05 C6 Coupe about 8,000 miles per year. I live in northern Arizona. I pay $418 per year in the AARP/Hartford insurance program. I also insure two other cars with them, plus my house, and I've had a clean driving record all my life.

American Hobbyist Insurance, agreed value with 0 deductible. I have my 04 Z06 and 75 Vert. with them on a 4k per year mileage policy. $826.00 a year for both, must be garaged, $40K on the 04 and $30K value on the 75.

In the lovely state of NJ I pay $639 for both my 88 and 71 Vettes. It breaks down to 166.71 for the Shark and 473.02 for the C4. both are insured for decent dollars...If I recall @ 25k each . I use American Collectors Insurance...so far so good!!!

I have to change to Classic Insurance, All State for all three right now.

I pay $450. a year for the $42,500 agreed insurance on my 68

akfox1 said:
How is your C3 insured? What do you pay per year?

I have full coverage (liability, comprehensive, collision, up to an agreed value.) Cost is $408 per year. This company has all my vehicles, and home owners policy as well.

I drive my car less than 2000 miles per year. Just curious what others do for insurance.

Are you sure its an agreed value coverage,Who is it with

I know of no underwrighter that does home and normal auto and offers agrred value for a collector car. I would be interested in switching to them to keep all insurances with one company.

Liability limits of 250/500/100, PIP. ACV Comprehensive, $250 deductible on collision, Uninsured Coverage same as liabiltiy, towing.

Stated value of $125k on the 67......$328.00/year
Stated value of $50k on the 93 40th Anniv ZR1.......$348.00/year

And my insurance guy is an absolute car nut!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom