Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

How does it feel?

ChildishEgg

The Corvette C5 looks very smooth and sleek and is one of my favorite designs. So the question is, does the ride feel as smooth as it looks?

It's a sports car...It's NOT supposed to ride like a Cadillac. A Corvette, no matter which generation, is designed as a sports car. If you are looking for a buttery smooth ride, better not buy a Corvette. With that said, I've been in lots of cars that didn't ride as nice as my Corvettes. My 64 rode the worst...hands down. I believe, back in those days, performance was the main thing and comfort wasn't even a second thought. The 94, which had the Z07 performance handling package, was a stiff ride but not overly objectionable. It stuck to the ground like stink on a skunk. The 01 had the base suspension, but still rode like a Corvette, very flat cornering. James, 007. (2007) has the Z51 performance handling package, and like the 94, rides firmly but not objectionable at all....as long as you are not expecting it to ride like a luxury car.,

It's a sports car...It's NOT supposed to ride like a Cadillac. A Corvette, no matter which generation, is designed as a sports car. If you are looking for a buttery smooth ride, better not buy a Corvette. With that said, I've been in lots of cars that didn't ride as nice as my Corvettes. My 64 rode the worst...hands down. I believe, back in those days, performance was the main thing and comfort wasn't even a second thought. The 94, which had the Z07 performance handling package, was a stiff ride but not overly objectionable. It stuck to the ground like stink on a skunk. The 01 had the base suspension, but still rode like a Corvette, very flat cornering. James, 007. (2007) has the Z51 performance handling package, and like the 94, rides firmly but not objectionable at all....as long as you are not expecting it to ride like a luxury car.,
I suppose that makes sense. However, I do believe that newer model Corvette’s are super cars considering they can do everything a Lamborghini or Ferrari can do if not better for 1/3 of the price.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom