Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

How many 84 vettes are on here and how many still have the crossfire?

My CFI was dead reliable. When the rings cratered at about 130k, i went w/a 383. The stock ecm wont support it.

Love my crossfire C4
vett4-05.jpg

I must say that I admire people like you that have beautiful engine bays. My CrossFire is looking a little tired, although I will say it looks better now than when I got it. My car was like an abused dog when I got it, but she's getting happier every day.

My '84 still has a CrossFire, although not the one from the factory, and the car has 187,000 miles and still driving daily in the summer.

Hi, It seems like all the transition years are thought to be problematic, these are tempermental vehicles, I always worked on my own Vette because I could not afford to pay someone to repair them, nor did I trust anyone to, that's why there's shop manuals, mechanical ability is huge plus otherwise you pay the freight. Solid lifter Vette's were fun way back when, ambient temp. meant alot when they were adjusted. My point is ,their all a pain in the a$$, call it a labor of love................

Mine's got the stock original CFI, 150,000 + miles and still running strong!!

My 84 is now a 383, after it is broke in(on a carb)I'll be going back to the CFI(ported intake)w/80lb injectors-parallel plumbed, 7747 for tuning w/EBL Flash

corvette2.jpg
Is it broke in yet?
Can you give us some 1/4 mile times?
How does your paint hold up when putting tape on it like that, remember I know where you got it painted.

There seems to be alot of 84's on here. What gives were we all kicked off of the corvette forum?

Don't forget there were 51k 84's produced so alot of us 84 owners are still out there.

Is it broke in yet?
Can you give us some 1/4 mile times?
How does your paint hold up when putting tape on it like that, remember I know where you got it painted.

Havn't been back to the track , but after it reopens(hurricane woes here)I'll be getting some new times. The paint is awesome, I couldn't be happier!

Is the crossfire back on, or are you sticking with the carb?

How many 84 vettes are on here and how many still have the crossfire

"Kicked off"? Hell no that was MY choice.

(old question I know, but hey what can I say I'm slow!)

Bill

Same here. I like the "other" site, but got tired of all the comments about my X-fire. I have 112k, gets 17 mpg city, and still runs great. Not the fastest, but it looks good goin' down the road! And the Z51 4+3 combo rocks. Love the way this car feels on the road.

Nothing would make me get rid of my cross-fire....She gonna be a pure bred L83 Nuff said

Died in the wool C R O S S F I R E Nothing else But that And don't even mention converting it to a carb BlahGGH no way
148,888 when i drove away with is and 2 years 1 month later it has 159,000 now....WhhOOO HOO and a newly painted front bumper and Re-tinted hood...they painted the headlight covers and Bezels to match, new Hash marks

vin_-_00521__z-51_c4-albums-my-c4-picture1274-out-sun-2009.jpg

vin_-_00521__z-51_c4-albums-my-c4-picture1173-my-pride-joy-my-1983-production-year-corvette-rpo-z51-gold-metallic-c4-1-2-430-gold-metallic-c4s-built-february-1983.jpg

vin_-_00521__z-51_c4-albums-vette-they-said-under-powered-weak-picture1415-powder-coated-cfi-lid.jpg

i have an 84 with the crossfire, 46,000 miles on her and she runs like a stripped ape... i bought her in 1995 and she read 43,000 miles on the clock. i have only driven her about 3,000 miles in 14 years, not sure if thats good or bad. on a scale of 1-10 she is a very strong 9.......

98garage017.jpg

Picture144.jpg

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom