Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

How many 84 vettes are on here and how many still have the crossfire?

nelson84

Corvette
84 Z51 two tone bronze coupe 85 black on black
There seems to be alot of 84's on here. What gives were we all kicked off of the corvette forum?

We're everywhere:L Still got the CFI and getting faster every day!

having just purchased a new engine I had the choice to make to keep it with the CFI or not. I kept the CFI. Its what makes an 82 or 84 unique and I think I got better gas mileage with it. Not sure that will be the case with the new beast under the hood.
:)

Ummmm. Crossfire's in a garage cabinet along with the stock block, sorry. :chuckle

I bought a superram on ebay and a 90 wire harness and a intake so I can use vortec heads with the superram. I still got to get fuel rails, injectors, new fuel lines, TB, and a few other things.

How fast does your vette go in 1/4 or on the street can you light em up for a block or two?

I am bidding on a 89 vette right now and I think I will put the superram on it instead of all the BS that goes into switching over from crossfire to TPI.

In an 89 if you just put the superram on and new heads, what would you get for HP? And what would you get for HP with a lingenfelter cam?

Still got the 84, but for now its got an xram. Pulled the crossfire to open the ports up on the crossfire, and am using the xram so I can still drive it everyday. Swapped it awhile back but have yet to port the crossfire. Seems something is always breaking(not the 84 usually) or work gets in way. Also keep getting the bug to work on the 71 vette. Thats a major work in progress.

Still running my X-Fire with a few mods. I drive most days as well. :beer

If you have mods done to your CFI, please post them.

Still got the 84, but for now its got an xram. Pulled the crossfire to open the ports up on the crossfire, and am using the xram so I can still drive it everyday. Swapped it awhile back but have yet to port the crossfire. Seems something is always breaking(not the 84 usually) or work gets in way. Also keep getting the bug to work on the 71 vette. Thats a major work in progress.

How does that x-ram perform?
Is there a major difference?
More top end, with the same bottem end?

Having seen the x-ram in person next ot a ported x-fire intake I recommend and did port my CFI intake. The x-ram guy is only 40 mins from where I live. Heres how my car has worked out so far. All runs were repeated to insure there were no flukes.

Stock- 15.3 @88
K&N and ram-air mod 15.2 @89
1.6-1 rockers 14.7@92

I added the ported intake-no more egr hump either, MSD box, wires, and NGK Iridiums, and rebuilt the trans. This 1/4 time includes the trans hanging the 2-3 upshift-you have to lift or let it pull to past 5500rpm
14.4@95
3.75 gears, still hanging the 2-3 upshift
14.3@96

working on the trans right now, my 60' time dropped .1 with the gears and the car is a rocket outta the corners at the scca events-love the gears. The intake works perfectly, ditch the swirl plates-you definately don't need 'em. My car is a daily driver and racer!
corvette2.jpg

I havent been to the track, so all I can comment on is seat of the pants. Mine "feels" like it pulls better and revs higher. Used to feel like it was playing out at 4500, now still seems to be pulling, but I changed the cam when I changed the intake so that Im sure that has something to do with it. The cam is .442 lift and 214 duration with roller rockers. Plan on porting crossfire and putting it back on, the xram was a used one I bought just as a temporary.

Mine runs pretty good now.

I run a ZZ4 Engine (355 HP with a Carb.) X-Ram Intake, 1:6 Roller Rockers ,750 CFM Bored TBI's, HP Fuel Pump,just started tuning my 8746 ECM which really woke it up.Just installed my WB O2 Sensor (Zietronix) and will start tuning this weekend.

I have no problem with stock LT1's

i have an 84 coupe s/n 2101 which i bought in april 1983. 105k miles and never done anything other than change plugs, oil and filters. i just had it to bloomington gold and certified it . it is all original right down to the tires and should have been able to go all the waY TO BENCHMARK EXCEPT FOR THE FACT I HAD THE TAIL AND NOSE REPAINTED AND THE PAINTER SPRAYED CLEAR COAT TO THE FRONT AND BACK OF THE DOORS. that knocked me out of the gold .... oh well. next srop is ncrs this august. beautiful vette. two tone blue with z51 and all the options availiable that early...

My 84 is now a 383, after it is broke in(on a carb)I'll be going back to the CFI(ported intake)w/80lb injectors-parallel plumbed, 7747 for tuning w/EBL Flash

corvette2.jpg

Mine has 97k on it and runs awesome with the original CFI. Mine is bone stock except for a K&N air filter and gutted cat. I have had mine over 5 years and it has never given me a stitch of issues. I have a friend who knows how to set the cross fire and he did a fabulous job. I put some money into it when I first got it to bring it up to snuff but nothing after that. There is nothing really bad about the CFI. The bad rap it got was undeserved as it was GM who decided to mass produce a 2 TBI car and hope the generic settings would fit all the cars.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom