Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

How many are buying the renegade intake from DCS?

nelson84

Corvette
84 Z51 two tone bronze coupe 85 black on black
I ordered my renegade intake, anyone else order one from this site?

I would buy it, but have a nicely ported CFI manifold from Steve Simpson AKA simpson36.

Maybe next year when I do a cam job, maybe the Renegade at the same time, if I can get one.

You should make a preorder to help get this renegade underway, it is driving meet nuts wondering if they are going to make it or not.

When you siamesed your runners was it cut all the way from the start of the runner to where it meets the head or did you siamese half way from the head? I can see how this would increase air flow but did you lose bottem end acceleration?

I used that term a little to loosely. I'll fix up my other post;)It's partially siamesed (cut back) at the runner entrance and shaped (bevelled) for less restriction coming into the port from the top side. Certainly not all the way or even half way to the head. I should post a pic. The ports looked factory smooth and were machine cut to perfection. The EGR hump removal and other cutting was more coarse. Steve does good work.

I do believe I lost a little low end, but feel that the mid range has improved dramatically enough to be happy with the mod. A higher rear gear helps to stay a few hundred RPMs higher as well. I'll have to keep an eye on the gas gauge.

My reading on 1.6RRs also is you will feel a less restrictive rev capability and may feel you need less pedal power to achieve the same results. We'll see how that goes this summer.:beer

I ordered my renegade intake, anyone else order one from this site?
I'm on board with the pre order ..... even tho we're completing the engine referb in the next few weeks, I'm still looking forward to the new intake ... sounds like more folks getting their order in as well .........

i would buy it but i never really liked buying something that hasent been out to get any reveiws which is why im not right now, anyway thats alot of money to spend and have tied up on something that might not even get produced

i would buy it but i never really liked buying something that hasent been out to get any reveiws which is why im not right now, anyway thats alot of money to spend and have tied up on something that might not even get produced

Totally understandable .... though the prototype performed well, we'll be looking forward to the production piece. I'm told the project is on schedule with the first run to be out in a couple of months.
As soon as my motor is broken in a bit, we'll be getting a base line on the dyno. That will give us the opportunity to see the difference after the intake is installed. Will certainly keep you all informed ....:thumb

This is my situation as well. I'd like to get some feedback of performance on 'Installed' on the vehicles and how it performs in traffic !

We'll certainly keep you all informed as my 82 project progresses .... if it does anything close to what the prototype did ... everyone will certainly want one ..... :beer

that would be awsome and give me some time to think about it since i have other work to do on mine like suspension and diff. if any one has any suggestions pn either that would be cool. sticking with the auto and diff is open for arguement.

Not certain you can do much better then the 700r4 tranny ... a good builder is important if you've got a lot of miles on it ... the rear .. totally depends on what you're want to accomplish ... I'm not changing mine our as it will continue to be a driver ... and its performance on the street is just fine (for me) ... :thumb

my diff is a 2:73 stock i was thinking of a 3:55 because its still going for street so i thought that would me a good one since it also seems to be a magic # for other street cars.

This is my situation as well. I'd like to get some feedback of performance on 'Installed' on the vehicles and how it performs in traffic !

YUP! :thumb I'm going to WAIT and SEE......I want to see some real Dyno results and besides that, My California coupe is still running without any problems and I don't want to STEP IN It by tampering with a engine that isn't showing signs of DYING...

Looking to get some 1.6 RR when i get the gaskets on the valve covers fixed( and powder-coat them too )

When she D.O.A and won't start at all.....the process of a Engine re-build and possibly getting the Renegade intake will commence

All of the work that was done to my C4 prior to me buying it has helped her to stay running like she does( SHIT! I might have a PORTED CFI INTAKE and not even know it ( Z.Z John Gallagher did work on the top-end )

vin_-_00521__z-51_c4-albums-my-c4-picture624-c4-vette-1984-038.jpg

vin_-_00521__z-51_c4-albums-vette-they-said-under-powered-weak-picture1416-powder-coated-cfi-lid-01.jpg

You should make a preorder to help get this renegade underway, it is driving meet nuts wondering if they are going to make it or not.

When you siamesed your runners was it cut all the way from the start of the runner to where it meets the head or did you siamese half way from the head? I can see how this would increase air flow but did you lose bottem end acceleration?

I siamesed the last 2 1/2 to 3" of the runners. I lost a bunch of low end torque but it really breathes on the upper end. But as the Renegade is doing it the right way, I ordered one. I can't wait for it to arrive.

my diff is a 2:73 stock i was thinking of a 3:55 because its still going for street so i thought that would me a good one since it also seems to be a magic # for other street cars.

I too have an '82 with the 700R4 transmission. I put 3.54's in 20 years ago and I love them. They only raised the 60 mph rpm by 300 (now 1800 rpm). And with the 3.54's, I can still run 120 mph (3rd gear).

I too have an '82 with the 700R4 transmission. I put 3.54's in 20 years ago and I love them. They only raised the 60 mph rpm by 300 (now 1800 rpm). And with the 3.54's, I can still run 120 mph (3rd gear).

How were your 0-60 times with the 3.54 gears? I have a set of 3.54's for my 85 tpi but have not installed them yet. What will I notice? My 85 came with 2.73 gears. Will it snap my heads back a little or not much notice?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom