Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

How Many C3's Are Left?

Okay, 18 or 19, depending on whether you count 67 heaven or not!!

Hey Gary!!! A fellow Whittierite!! E-mail me off line at rpounds@verizon.net if you'd like. I'd love to get together with you and compare notes. I live over in the Whittwood area, by the fire station.

Ron

20+1=22 did I win?

Well I'll up the count by another two so I guess that makes 23.

This is going to take up a lot of space. There is got to be a better way to do this.

Gary

Didn't Rare81 run a poll a while back, counting Sharks by years?

-Mac

Not the method I had in mind! I'm going to go to my auto insurance company and the state DOT--I'll bet the actual number is a lot lower than any of us think--judging by the quantity of used assemblies.

Oh, heck--#25--or, at least until my girlfriend wrecks it--she just discovered that it has 'secondaries'!

33681_p_563127F9-2B3D-897A-209F41470294723B.jpg

photovette said:
Not the method I had in mind! I'm going to go to my auto insurance company and the state DOT--I'll bet the actual number is a lot lower than any of us think--judging by the quantity of used assemblies.
I am pretty sure you would have to go state-by-state. There is probably no magic database with all 50 states on one server. The other issue with finding the correct number is that many of us, me included, do not religiously register the car every year. I was 'unregistered' for almost two years when restoring the car. I would imagine there are thousands of C3's around the country in a similar circumstance. The DOT would not have a record of my car for those years. Though... I did have limited insurance during that time.

Good luck! :beer

Why don't you contact CARFAX, or one of the other organizations that checks on car histories if you give them the Vehicle I.D. No., no matter in what state the car may have been registered.

I guess I'm 29, here in Texas.

--Chris Kennedy

Lets see, by using the info in the forum and some math, boy I hate doing math but as long as it's about corvettes that's cool. I will make a prediction about how many C-3 are left

Total prodcution by year * lost factor (34.7%) per year = Total C-3 left
This method gives us a total of 339,294 which seems Way to high
So change the lost factor to 65.3 and we get a total of 203,537 C-3 left which also seems high. This is the problem with math:confused .
So it would seem that realistically there are approxamtilly 200,000 C-3 left.

I must really be bored today;LOL

All i know for a fact is that I have one:D

Go SOONERS
:beer

count me as Number 33 and still kickin pony butts !!!!!!

Maybe one of the catalogs know based on their sales--surely they have projected something?

c3 no,s a lot easier to count down here.

i,ve got one down under, come on you aussie blokes start counting.

37 in Australia (Gold Coast)
She made the boat ride over in 1996.

Wrap your a$$ in fibreglass baby!

76okievette said:
Lets see, by using the info in the forum and some math, boy I hate doing math but as long as it's about corvettes that's cool. I will make a prediction about how many C-3 are left

Total prodcution by year * lost factor (34.7%) per year = Total C-3 left
This method gives us a total of 339,294 which seems Way to high
So change the lost factor to 65.3 and we get a total of 203,537 C-3 left which also seems high. This is the problem with math:confused .
So it would seem that realistically there are approxamtilly 200,000 C-3 left.

I must really be bored today;LOL

All i know for a fact is that I have one:D

Go SOONERS

:beer
well at only 37 so far we have a long way to go ;LOL

If you ask it....

You will get replys here , that is for sure!:D

CAC is THE place for fun and education.I dont recall high school being this fun, and I learn alot here.
(Actually i dont recall high school much at all;) )
Chas

At this rate it's going to be a long time before I can all of you that I'm number 30501 :L

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom