Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

How Many Hardtops

89blackvette

Corvette
1992 white Coupe
How many here have the factory removable hardtop for their C4 convertable? Do you have any spare bracktes and hardware? Just curious, Thanks

funfest06024.jpg

Factory hardtop on mine, only one set of brackets. Bought the top without them, found the brackets at artscorvetteparts.com

funfest06024.jpg

Factory hardtop on mine, only one set of brackets. Bought the top without them, found the brackets at artscorvetteparts.com
Thanks they only list one side for the brackets, other side is discontinued but that puts me 1/2 way to a set. Nice car you have there. Again thanks for the info.

Thanks they only list one side for the brackets, other side is discontinued but that puts me 1/2 way to a set. Nice car you have there. Again thanks for the info.
Here is mine. Mouse over it for a larger image. Car has older Enkei 2 piece wheels that I plan to repair or replace and only 43,000 miles as of today.

Hi, I recently had the same problem. I have a local friend that made a mirror image of the one you can order. He even tapped it with the correct threading. If you are interested PM me.

BK

Lots of people looking for the bracketry. I read many of the posts where someone has stated they'll make them and then it all falls through. I hope it works out.

Oh yeah, I have a Pologreen car with a red top as its the only one i could find locally with all the brackets. Now to get it painted.

1990 Red metallic, came from factory with all the hardware. Make a big differance when its on the car

1990 Red metallic, came from factory with all the hardware. Make a big differance when its on the car

Nice car....can you elaborate on what you mean by a "big differance" when it is on the car. I have one but don't put it on because of the year long nice weather we have in SC. I plan to this winter now that I have the brackets I was missing. Does it really stiffen the ride?

Nice car....can you elaborate on what you mean by a "big differance" when it is on the car. I have one but don't put it on because of the year long nice weather we have in SC. I plan to this winter now that I have the brackets I was missing. Does it really stiffen the ride?
When I put it on it seems to stiffen the car, rides nice, less noise, you name it, plus look cool. Here in Indiana you never know what the weather is going to be, so the hard top is nice. My window in conv, started turning brown and looks bad, tired to clean but nothing works, will replace the window this winter, top is still good, only have 49000, and everything is orginal. :w

Where did you find brackets???? I have found the right one but that is all I can locate. Thanks for your time.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom