Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

How Much Are YOU Paying For Gas?

Filled one car last night at Chevron at $3.969 and another this morning at $4.099. So for $150 I'm good for 4 to 6 days ;squint:. The bi%&ch is that I remember the time when $10 would last me all week and that is while driving old gas guzzler!!! I won't mention that an attendant filled the car, checked the oil and tires while another guy washed your windshield. Don't know about you guys but I LOVE this progress we are making :puke.

Price of gas keeps rising, and the politicos want us to conserve, drive cars with better milage, and use alternate fuels. You know what this means. Remember the energy crisis in the mid 70s and the drought in some parts of the country? Outside watering was limited to every third day, and people with clean cars were considered extravagant. We reduced our energy use, used less water in order to conserve. What happened? The revenues for electricity and water decreased, so the utilities had to raise the rates to keep their cash flows up. By using less, we paid more. Do I detect that when we reduce our fuel use, the gas prices will continue to increase so that the oil providers and oil companies can keep their profits up? So, keep driving your corvettes as much as you can afford to, because it will be more expensive later. Our wages and pensions will never keep up with the energy increases. If we could just get some dilithium crystals for our vettes.
Barrett

Why Not?? ;shrug;shrug
:upthumbs

attachment.php

"...but your vehicle's acceleration may be slightly reduced." I don't want any reduction in my acceleration, slight or otherwise.
:)

You make me laugh so hard. This IS progress, we send our oil from alaska to north korea and buy the expensive stuff from Saudi Arabia or wherever and the oil companies tack on their profit, yeah this is progress?

We pay easily over 4$ a gallon here in Canada so dont feel too bad. Thats me assuming you use the liquid gallon (3.7L)

It's infuriating to know that this will keep going and before we know it we'll be paying twice as much in a few years. Here in North America we just dont have the option of going without it. Our government here hasnt dont jack either and i suspect the Albertans would not be happy to reduce the price of their oil in order for it to be sold cheaper inside our own country. Instead, we sell it to the US companies, they refine it, and sell it back to us and to everyone else at ludicrous prices.

The government will protect us from world markets to some extent, but they wont lift a finger to their buddies in the oil business. Gas prices doubled in less than a decade? Smells about as bad the stuff itself.

Folks, let not let this thread detoriate into a political discussion, or we'll have to move the discussion to The Edge.
:)

-Patrick

Oops, look what I started! :naughty:

Let us all be thankful that we are putting that liquid gold into a Vette. My husband's Tundra gets about 13 mpg on a good day with a tailwind, going downhill, I'm averaging 21+- mpg combined city-highway (aka SoCal driving = 70 mph one second, then zero, then 90, then zero...for the half-hour drive to work). Fortunately for our wallets he drives his golf cart to work now.

Welcome my friends, to the show that never ends!
Good old Washington State...$4.89 for Chevron's best.
Guess the car is going to get a lot of polishing.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom