Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

How much does mini RAM Cost?

S

Shadowing1985v

so i own a 85 vett,, where does the ram get its air
do u really cut it out of the licnese front plate,,,

if so,, how would i do that, does it come apart or do i have to cut into it??

and also,, if i get a super charger,, do i have to cut a hole in my hood,,

or is there room for it

You need to do some more research, and check the available limit on the old Visa card.

I think I already gave you the link to www.tpis.com makers of the miniram intake manifold. I guess you are talking about something different here.

You can make your own ram air if you have the tools, time, and creativity. I did it to my 85 years ago. Nothing but removing the front license plate cover, using a long drill bit, marking the hole design, and drilling through the bumper cover, reinforcement, and actually bumper behind it until you pop out on the air cleaner side. Keep smoothing, trimming, and cutting until it is perfect. You can get a regular house dryer duct with the wall inserts to pop on each end of it for a clean look.

Take you rubber front license plate housing, mark it off, and take a dremel to it with a carefull and skilled hand to cut air slits in it about 1/2" wide and across the front.

This will ram air right into the air box for about $10 and a Saturday afternoon. Or, you can do as I did, and leave the license plate rubber cover untouched, and only remove it at the track when you are ready to drag.

hehe

thanx, man,,

yeah i have the tools to do anything

im in the processo of making undersize pulley system,, as well

ok,, im going to try your ram air thing

I thought ram air consister of a fan?

so all it is, is directring air into your intake, right?

anyways, what are u talking about miniram that fits in your manifold,, what does that consist of? am I able to build that as well?

i have a machien shop and everyting, i can build what ever . if i have an idea waht it looks like

I order my TPIS book

it should arrive,, in like 4 weeks,,
i can't wait,, hehe

You will find the miniram in the TPIS catalog. Don't think you can make one from scratch, although there is a guy converting a stock LT-1 manifold to a regular SBC, but I don't see the use when you can just slap on the miniram and rock!

thanx guy's mini ram is around 800 bucks

yeah i have no plans to try to build one

im going to try to build the ram air induction system though

hmm... i will keep u up to day.. how im going and contact u again,, before i start doing the work on it, right now im painting my engine

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom