Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

how much extra horsepower from these mods?

The Hooker Headers do NOT come with the front Y-pipe. It seems that it runs around $150 - $200, by the time you add all the parts up the TPIS headers end up costing about the same.

I've heard that the Hookers have fitment issues, but can't say for sure. I know the TPIS headers install very easily. I had the car up on jackstands which made it a little easier, but completed the job in 2 hours with minimal fitment issues (the mounting holes on the headers had to be enlarged just a bit to get all the bolts to go in correctly ... a couple of passes with a round file in each of the holes did the trick.) The sound was great and the performance was quite noticeable. If I buy another C4 it will be the FIRST mod I do. All the other little mods that gain 1 maybe 2 HP each all put together didn't equal the gain from the headers. When you add up all the little things they probabally cost more than the headers did.

:w

I'm going to try and pick up a set of TPIS headers. Their reputation is almost unparalled when it comes to headers. I know Lingenfelter used to make L98 headers but I don't think they do anymore.

No, LPE doesnt make headers anymore. You'd have to find them on ebay.

hi there guys,
thanks for the info r.e hp mods and so on!
really appreciate it!
cheers
glen
australia

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom