Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

how much over sticker??

Hi All,
In 2000, I asked a dealer I know it I could down a deposit on a 2003 Vette. After talking to others, he said yes. So I did. I can't wait. Oh, it at MSRP (a bit of a rip, but it's the price to pay).

I ordered my 50th Anniversay Vert on June 27,02 and I was told July 22 to expect it to arrive the last week of Oct or first week in Nov. I am paying MSRP for mine..6 speed, 12 cd changer, side mouldings, front license bracket.

I saw the 50th cars at Bloomington Gold..beautiful cars. BUT, as for this outrageous pricing tactic, does everyone remember the introduction of the 1990 ZR-1?? Nice cars, but some were selling close to 6 figures....

Oh well, to those of you getting them at MSRP. A bargain to the beholder I suppose. I also spoke to the GM rep at the show, who advised there will be plenty of these cars available in November 2002.

Time is of the essence,

I visited the Vette plant on June 27,02 and there were 6 Anniversary Cars (4 Vert/ 2 Coupe) going down the line. There was probably 15 to 20 each of RED and Blacks on the line. The Anniversary cars were by far the fewest colors on the line. I don't know if this was a typical days production run, if it was doesn't appear to me that there will be a surplus of these available in Nov. I ordered mine on June 27th and its not due to be produced until mid-Oct per my dealer. I talked to another local dealer in B'ham , Al that sells about 60 vettes a year and he told me that he was told by GM that one would be shipped to each dealer that wanted one in the first run and then there would be additional rounds offered based on the dealers previous vette sales. He was told that he would get 3 for sure and possibly 4. The dealer that I ordered mine from is only getting 2. I was first on their list. I am second on the other dealerships list and he hasn't received his allocation for round 2 yet. The high volume dealer is susposed to receive his first one in mid Sept. and it was ordered in mid June. Maybe some of the dealers on here can shead some light on this.

This reminds me of the 78 pace car... every dealer was only supposed to get 1 car... didn't they make over 6000 of them? Any car that has that kind of numbers in a one year production doesn't stand to be overly valuable... sure 96 Collector editions are worth a little more, so are 93 40th ann. cars... but not that much more, and definitely not worth more than sticker, when a regular 2003 vette will go for a couple thousand less than sticker. My guess is chevy will build enough of them that they will be sitting on dealer lots long enough for dealers to discount them. Patience is the only key in a car that is a marketing tool to boost sales.

Check out ebay

look for 2003 Vettes on ebay. Lot's of 'em up for auction by dealers. I got thrown by the bids I was seeing until reading the fine print -- the bid is for what buyers will pay OVER MSRP

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom