Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

How old is the "average" C6 buyer?

What age group are you in?

• 21-29

Votes: 24 2.8%
  • 30-39

Votes: 57 6.7%
  • 40-49

Votes: 170 19.9%
  • 50-59

Votes: 327 38.2%
  • 60 and up

Votes: 277 32.4%

• Total voters
jrose7004 said:
My 17 year old son pointed out that he only sees "old guys like you" driving around in C5's and C6's! I'am 52!:eyerole
unless you come from a well to do family or you sell dope the cost of a new corvette is pretty much out of the reach of the average working family man. i use my SS check to make the payments and what is left over i buy gas. :D

Just traded my z06/2003 and 'vert/2004 for the C6/z51 stick.

51 years young. I hope that I don't miss my Z06 too much.
-Bill.

smook said:
Just traded my z06/2003 and 'vert/2004 for the C6/z51 stick.

51 years young. I hope that I don't miss my Z06 too much.
-Bill.
I know the feeling...I traded my "zoom-zoom" Mercedes-Benz SLK-230 for my DSOM Z51. :_rock

It took until my 50's to finally wake up, stick my head above water and realize what I was working for all these years. My 2nd 'vette is arriving in a few days: C6 Z51 6-Speed, DSOM.
:Steer

Say, anyone know the best place to get a car cover for it? Thanks. - Bob

CAT SCRATCH FEVER and car covers.........

hey Bob,
thinking about what I'd order on a C6 it would be Z51 and 6 speed like you. thinking 1sa option package too for better seats maybe. But keeping it as simple as possible. I notice that a large percentage of C6's presently offered by dealers who discount off MSRP are VERY much loaded up with fluffy options. Pumps the margin I suppose so they can cut the MSRP and still clean out your wallet. I'm still trying to comprehend , after years of driving performance cars, why I need a touchscreen with a map. I don't even understand why I would need the headup display....anybody use a tack to power shift lately? and the G's I feel in the seat of my pants and don't need to see it on the windshield. reminds me of the old radio/heater delete options....hardcore performance. Maybe Corsa mufflers but not much else. Also, been thinking about car covers like you. Over the years I wasn't too concerned about my original 69 Z28 camaro or the 68 bigblock....I drove them and what the heck they were only Camaros even if valuable. But I have this problem....I love cats. Right now I have two. They sleep in my garage where my C6 would live most of the time. Ouch! The critters love to sleep on a warm hood and sometimes scratch the finish when jumping on my two suvs. ( yah, we're a two suv family so you can see I really do need a C6) So...what to do? Lose the cats? No way. Resign myself to a scratched C6? Maybe. I plan to drive the car if I get one....no garage queens for me like the the 67 435hp with 12 original miles I saw on a video the other day. The owner said he'd put 1/4 mile on it in the several years of their ownership. ( guess rolling it off the trailer lol ). Guess that makes him an expert on the car....or maybe just someone with more money than he knows what to do with......So maybe some cat scratches on my C6 would remind me to drive the heck out of the machine and not get upset over the rock and door nicks etc. But I am still considering how to protect the paint from my feline friends. I've had some crazy ideas like walling off a space in the garage to keep the cats out but then I get back to the fact that it's only a car...did I say that? I am so unworthy...my deepest apologies to the vette god. forgive me.

Have fun with your new car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! oldgoat

Well, OldG,
To confess, I didn't fully flesh out the options list in my post. I did get the interior package...and the polished wheels...and XM radio (added it to my winter car, S60R 6-speed and don't want to do without it now)...and the translucent top. So I suppose I'm setting myself up for both comfort and joy.
And I'll also admit I like my HUD in the 2000 C5, after all, I'm an engineer and was always intrigued by the first such systems we developed back at Norden in the early 70's for the A6E.
But I'll agree with you on one item, I don't see why most of the showroom models around here are coming in with the satellite navigation system; I typically know where I'm going.
Our 2 cats aren't allowed in the garage, though it wouldn't matter because I keep my beauty covered. :cool

Car Cover Not Needed: C5's fits C6!

Forget my query about where to get a C6 car cover. As it turns out my C5 cover almost perfectly fits my new C6! Sideview mirror ears are in the right place and everything!

By the way, after 2 days of driving this beast, I judge that the new design is a worthy successor. It has a bit of a European sports car look, sound and feel mixed into this beautiful American machine.

I sadly put it away for the winter today, snow coming tonight in CT.

I'm 56 years young, and the C6 is my 8th Vette.
Plan on buying Vettes as long as I can drive.

My order has been confirmed Coupe in Victory red 1sb package 6speed trans Z51 and xm radio. My first vette after many sprots cars from Porsche, BMW Nissan and Honda. MY age, well as a college senior I wanted a '64 and they were new then, but couldn't afford them. My wife and I are excited and hopefully will get it in Bowling Green in late Feb. For now I will just have to fly the Citabria more. First additions will be a CAGS eliminator and maybe a corsa exhaust, comments Happy New Year to all. Jack

Congratulations!

check6 said:
My order has been confirmed Coupe in Victory red 1sb package 6speed trans Z51 and xm radio. My first vette after many sprots cars from Porsche, BMW Nissan and Honda. MY age, well as a college senior I wanted a '64 and they were new then, but couldn't afford them. My wife and I are excited and hopefully will get it in Bowling Green in late Feb. For now I will just have to fly the Citabria more. First additions will be a CAGS eliminator and maybe a corsa exhaust, comments Happy New Year to all. Jack
Great choice of options! Please share your experience with the CAGS and Corsa on the forum. These two items are on my very short list of mods for the C6. Why mess with something this good? You are very fortunate to have a wife who is excited about your new vette. It would be a nice experience to share. og

The age group is rising!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By the time the C7 comes out the average age will approach 70yrs old. And by that time this forum will be devoted to the C1 through the C5 only.

Just a thought! Don't take it to heart, just making conversation like my home heating oil dropped from $2.39gal to $2.29 when the crude dropped over $10 a barrel and when crude drops another $10 barrel my oil will drop another .10 gal and when crude drops to nothing (free) l will still be paying $1.90 gal.

It's the Democratic way!

Alan

Average Age

Just ordered my 1st Corvette a MY C6, and I'm 48

Hoping to finalize a deal with Mike Carr this week. I'm 46 and will be my 6th Vette.

Average Age: different perspective

Maybe a good follow-up question is how old were you when you bought your FIRST Corvette, and how many have you owned over the years. I suspect for many of us having the privilege of owning a C-6,our first was at a much younger age. I started at 34 with a C-4 and have had one ever since. My new one just happens to be the next in line, and certainly the best yet.

When the C-7 debuts, I'll be there.
Philzer

Philzer...I wanted a new Corvette but didn't see one worth owning until the C5 came out. Then I got a look at the rear end of it and didn't want it either. Now I definitely want a C6 and will have one probably this fall. I have been able to easily afford a vette for 25 years but until the C6 I simply did not want one for various reasons. I would have enjoyed a new '65 396 but was a child then. Anyway, a base C6 will blow the doors off a 396 in any performance test known.

59 and still suffering from Corvette Fever. I've found no cure. Ist Corvette- 1959 at age 21.

On my fifth Corvette!! First one I was 25, second one I was 48, bought the third one, a 2000 Coupe for my 50th birthday, 4th one was just for fun when I was 54 and now my fifth for my 55th birthday. Life is good. I live about two miles from a large cemetary and not once did I ever see an armored car follow a hearse which proves to me that I can't take it with me!!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom