Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

How old is the "average" C6 buyer?

What age group are you in?

• 21-29

Votes: 24 2.8%
  • 30-39

Votes: 57 6.7%
  • 40-49

Votes: 170 19.9%
  • 50-59

Votes: 327 38.2%
  • 60 and up

Votes: 277 32.4%

• Total voters
My thoughts exactly:

jluke said:
On my fifth Corvette!! First one I was 25, second one I was 48, bought the third one, a 2000 Coupe for my 50th birthday, 4th one was just for fun when I was 54 and now my fifth for my 55th birthday. Life is good. I live about two miles from a large cemetary and not once did I ever see an armored car follow a hearse which proves to me that I can't take it with me!!

Bought my 1996, 2001, now the 2005.
My goal in life is:

Be happy, die broke! My wife says I'm doing good!

38 here and the C6 is my second Vette.
Sold my C5 to trade up and loving every second in the C6.
Way too many upgrades in the C6 over the C5.

Just ordered my first vette (long time a coming), just turned 35!

I am now what I once crabbed about some 30 years ago - "Look at that old goat driving around in MY Corvette." Now I'm the old goat driving around in the new Corvette. Really feels nice. Too bad it took so long to get here. Kids and college will do that to you.

I got my 73 when I was 26......from my Grandpa........:upthumbs

New C6 does not quite fit the pocketbook yet.....maybe by the time Im 55 I will be able to afford a c6...:D

I hope to get my first vette soon but that brand new c6 i will only get if i win one of these corvette raffles (at least the odds are better then the lottery)

I just turned 37 two days ago and I'keep telling my wife I am 32. She tells me that Corvette ownership is for middle aged men, she calls it "middle man crisis" I said "if my 95 is a early stage Vette, just be ready by the time the real middle age kicks in, with fewer bills...C7 sounds good.

No matter what kind of Vette you drive, SAVE THE WAVE

Ummm, my 63 yr. old friend was telling me about blowing off a Mercedes yesterday at 130 W/ his C6. If that's any indication.

I got my first Vette when I was 16, you left out the kids!
It's the Yellow one on the left

The C6 is my second, the '65 is my first vette two years ago.

PLRX787 said:
I just turned 37 two days ago and I'keep telling my wife I am 32. She tells me that Corvette ownership is for middle aged men, she calls it "middle man crisis" I said "if my 95 is a early stage Vette, just be ready by the time the real middle age kicks in, with fewer bills...C7 sounds good.

No matter what kind of Vette you drive, SAVE THE WAVE
Vettes are not a middle age "crisis car." Ownership is a function of income and, of course, interest in great sports cars. Some can own them at a relatively young age due to wealth or tremendous discipline in saving. For the vast majority of us in CAC, we always wanted one but couldn't afford it until we were 30 or 40 or older. But once you've had your first, I'll bet a majority of those go on to buy a second and maybe third one..... And there are plenty of woman who own them, and I don't they are "compensating, " as the psychologists would say, for some sexual inadequacy. We own vettes cause they are great fun, great engineering, and great automotive art.

It is about PERFORMANCE. Which is why I prefera Nikon over a Kodack, or a Tag Heur over a Timex, or..... you get the point.

Philzer

Philzer said:
Vettes are not a middle age "crisis car." Ownership is a function of income and, of course, interest in great sports cars. Some can own them at a relatively young age due to wealth or tremendous discipline in saving. For the vast majority of us in CAC, we always wanted one but couldn't afford it until we were 30 or 40 or older. But once you've had your first, I'll bet a majority of those go on to buy a second and maybe third one..... And there are plenty of woman who own them, and I don't they are "compensating, " as the psychologists would say, for some sexual inadequacy. We own vettes cause they are great fun, great engineering, and great automotive art.

It is about PERFORMANCE. Which is why I prefera Nikon over a Kodack, or a Tag Heur over a Timex, or..... you get the point.

Philzer
Yeah but I am trying to compensate for sexual inadequancy ;)

Just bought my first Vet, C6 at age 35. No mid-life crisis, no sexual inadequacy. I worked hard to earn it and appreciate the performance. Liked Corvettes since I was 5, now I have one! WooHoo!

average C6 Buyer

Just took delivery 3 wks. ago - New Black C6, 6 speed,Z-51 Pkg.
1 st. Vette - Am 53 years old.
Previously had (2) LS-1 Z-28's - This one was well worth the wait.
Just broken in & ready to rock !!!!

G Winter said:
Due to finances there is no way I can afford one , but if I could I would have mine ordered. I am 56. I dissagree old isn't getting younger. 20 yrs ago 50 was old , now 75 is old . ;LOL
And somehow I forgot to grow up.

Wait a minute - I just took NCM deliveryt of a new Vette and age is 72. I'll keep on driving these beasts until I can'physically get in and out of them anymore

I'm 40 and my 06 is the second. I was kind of unhappy with the C5 from the day I bought it, although it was a blast to drive.

I am a converted Mustang guy. My last was a True Blue Bullitt which I think will always be "that car I should've held onto" but the C6 is erasing some of that.

I am 53 and this is Vette number 2. I have a 64 that is my weekend toy. I traded my BMW M3 for my 2005 orange coupe. I just got it last week and already love it. And it sure looks great parked in the garage next to the 64.

Lucy64

I am with you. My '65 and '05 MY coupe look really good together!! A C2 and a C6 forty years apart. Great bookends!!!

:D :) :D

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom