Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

How old is the "average" C6 buyer?

What age group are you in?

• 21-29

Votes: 24 2.8%
  • 30-39

Votes: 57 6.7%
  • 40-49

Votes: 170 19.9%
  • 50-59

Votes: 327 38.2%
  • 60 and up

Votes: 277 32.4%

• Total voters
I am currently 22, but with my new job, i plan on getting a C6 GS in about 2-4 years, so i voted in the 21-29 bracket.

I'm 62 and this is my 3rd Vette - a 72 convertible big block, a 2007 C6 and my current ride - a 2008 black on black C6 coupe

Well when this thread started I was 63 and now I'm in my 90's .All I can tell ya is that a C7 will be my ride to the nursing home.:eyerole

49 on my first Vette, a C4.
50 on my second Vette, a C5.
51 now on my third Vette, a C6.

And lovin' evrey minute of it.

:w

Enjoying the drive

This is my second 2-seater after wifey convinced me the 2007 Mazda MX5 didn't really suit us as well as I originally thought. After driving it for 2 1/2 years we found my dream car and haven't looked back.
Since I have always had a soft spot for GM products, the MX5 was an anomaly in the garage, now everything is right with the world.
So, long story short, this is my first Corvette and it's perfect, and I'm only 39. :D

When I figure out this forum I'll add a sig and an avatar picture or something. And I promise to do better with "the wave." I have seen a couple of demonstrations already.

-Tony in NC
2008 Crystal Red NPP Z51 6A 3LT M2W and an Airaid intake

love everything about it

Bought my 2010 VY c6 coupe last May at ripe old age of 35, dont know how i got along without it, im already looking forward to buyin a Z06 in a couple of years depending on the C7 forecast

I had a couple Corvettes before my C6... Bought my Grand Sport at age 59. One of my best decisions! :D

Bill Luster
Lee's Summit, MO
1982 Corvette Coupe / Red
2010 Corvette GS Vert / Cyber Gray

sigpic36691_2.gif

I'm 63 and finally bought the car I've wanted for 45 years, a new Corvette.
I feel like I'm back in High School again. If there is any way to feel younger then this is it.

I'm a little more than 10 years behind you add I couldn't agree more … but there's also those little blue pills :D

I'm 39....just bought my first vette. An 09 C6.....happier than a kid in a candy store!

I have a 2005 C5 but, just bought a 2010 Grand Sport....I'm 57 :D

My 8th Corvette, a C6 at the age of 73. My first was a 1957 which a purchased new.

Just bought a new 2012 Grand Sport last week. I'm 63. :w

Attachments

• 1P1010004.jpg
    1P1010004.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 82
I read that 87% of all new Corvette sales are to people 50 or older..............that's a bunch.....

I think it makes some sense....corvettes are not cheap, and the average person takes some time to get to the point in their life where they can afford, or are willing to spend, the money on a car. Life situations make a difference too. I always loved corvettes, but it took me a while to get to the point where I wanted to spend the money.

I bet you get very similar statistics for Porsche, and other Supercar/high-end sportscars....

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom