Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

How old is the "average" C6 buyer?

What age group are you in?

• 21-29

Votes: 24 2.8%
  • 30-39

Votes: 57 6.7%
  • 40-49

Votes: 170 19.9%
  • 50-59

Votes: 327 38.2%
  • 60 and up

Votes: 277 32.4%

• Total voters
A C6 Geezer

Over 60 but working to stay young. After Porsches, BMW's, Mustangs and currently a Honda S2000 I'm about to order my first "vette" I feel like a kid and can't justify it with my back but then you never know how long you have. with my lifestyle and career, retired Air Force fighter pilot I really never thought I would last this long. Wish Chevy had a light blue to match my little cloth covered Citabria acrobatic airplane...... did I mention that I don't want to grow up or old. Take care all and my biggest decision is Victory red or Machine silver, of course that is after I convince my lovely bride of 37 years that we really need this for our sanity. Jack
I believe that after the kids are finished with school or college, the house is paid for, and a good pension, social security, and a military pension, and it helps if your wife or husband has all of these also then a nice C6 Corvette can be in your future.
I have a Victory Red 2007 Corvette coupe I just bought with less miles than the 2012 Camaro I traded in.:beer

Have a 59 and 68 427. Owners of late model vettes for some reason tend to think they are better than us.

I know your post has been online for quite some time now, but I'd sacrifice my left one to have your 59 sitting in the garage next to my 13 C6. Keep your head up with pride. :thumb

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional!:beer

I dont' have one.. yet

I guess I need to get a little older! :) I dont' own one, but fell in love after driving a 2005 z51 for 4 days.. The funny thing is, my hubby was more then willing to get me a used one with reasonable milage, but while I'd be able to get the car, I have no where to put it!! We live in a condo with no garage. I would have to pitch a tent and sleep next to it! As is, I hate leaving my Solara out there all alone... So I guess my next plan is a house a 3 car garage, THEN I can get that vette. :happyanim:

Owning a Corvette

I guess I need to get a little older! :) I dont' own one, but fell in love after driving a 2005 z51 for 4 days.. The funny thing is, my hubby was more then willing to get me a used one with reasonable milage, but while I'd be able to get the car, I have no where to put it!! We live in a condo with no garage. I would have to pitch a tent and sleep next to it! As is, I hate leaving my Solara out there all alone... So I guess my next plan is a house a 3 car garage, THEN I can get that vette. :happyanim:
Being a owner of a Corvette causes you to want to have a safe place for your 'Vette especially when you store it away for the Winter but even leaving it out overnight may attract low life's that are envious of what you have and may try to steal your 'Vette or damage it.

It's amazing

How I can go from 68 to 18 between my ears....but lucky I maintain my wisdom when coming off the clutch, reaching 3500 rpm quickly, all pipes open....and a big smile!! Wahoo!

uh,oh

Wife says this is my third mid-life crisis.........then again, she owned a 79' when she was a kid...this is my first!

Bought my first Vette when I was 41, it was a new C4.
Bought a C5 when I was 51.
Bought a C6 while I was still in my 50's and bought my most recent C6 last year while I was still 61.

Love to see the true demographics on Corvette owners :Old ,male ,white ,grumpy, republican .other car is a Buick .You don't see many young people on any of the corvette forums .

(tell me I'm wrong )

Love to see the true demographics on Corvette owners :Old ,male ,white ,grumpy, republican .other car is a Buick .You don't see many young people on any of the corvette forums .

(tell me I'm wrong )

All that fits me to a T....except the Buick and in my mind I'm still 35...........and still very :cool!:

Bought my C3 right out of college, 1974 coupe, my first car. Sits in my garage.

Bought my C4 before my first kid, 1990 coupe, my second car. My daily driver.

Considering a C6, 2008 coupe, my third car.

Been a vette owner all my adult life. I'm now 52.
Never owned a new car, just take good care of the ones I buy used.

UPDATE: bought my 3rd vette, a 2008 C6 coupe with all the options I hoped for, 26k miles.

93A2433C-3D4C-410C-A9F4-6033D08000B4-1086-0000011C323DF076_zps64590d3f.jpg

the C6 owners age demographics bar graphs likely reflect salaries over time as well.
This is what marketeers use to target their customer base.

Last edited:
All that fits me to a T....except the Buick and in my mind I'm still 35...........and still very :cool!:

Me too... No Buick for me, Chevy Avalanche! Wife says that I act like I'm 18 half the time... I'm sure it would kill me. :chuckle

I switched from a Buick to a Corvette over 20 years ago.
Not quite true though. My "hot rod" back in the early 90s was a Grand National Buick but I also had a Buick Park Avenue and a Century wagon in the garage.
Sold the GN and bought my first Vette - a '92 LT1. Still kept driving the Buicks as they were the ex-wife's and my daily drivers.
After marrying my current wife, we bought a Buick Regal GS as a daily driver but we had 2 Vettes in the garage.

We're out of Buicks now - my daily driver is a Cadillac - a CTS V Wagon. Wife now drives a Volt - she wanted to see how the electric car technology was coming along. So far she likes it.

The new Regal GS is a very nice car and has a little go to go along with the ride and comfort. It would be a good car to own.

Guess I've never really let the preconceived image of a car deter me from owning one if I liked it.

My '05 is my first Vette. I'm 56 years old. I don't see myself in a Buick; not because there's anything wrong with them, but because I favor cars that not only look fast but go fast as well. I'm not partial to a particular brand, either. I am a big Hyundai fan, because we've owned a couple and they are great vehicles. The Genesis Coupe is a car to watch; it's a very capable V-6 ride, and if they ever drop that 385HP V-8 into it that sits in the Genesis sedan, it will definitely join the ranks of the Camaros, 'Stangs and Challengers. Anyway, I'm still a kid at heart, I love my fast cars, and as long as I'm able to climb out of what I'm sitting in, it's gonna be loud and fast!

don't hate me 'cause I'm old...

My goal was always to get a new Corvette by age 40. At age 40 I bought a new 96 LT4 coupe. Sold it in late 2012. In November 2012 I took delivery of a new 2013 Grand Sport manual trans at age 58. Maybe old, but I have a LOT of hair and don't smoke cigars (grin)...or anything else! This might be my last one, especially if I keep it as long as the 96. Maybe a hot-rodded wheelchair, perhaps Chevy-powered....

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom