Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

How old is the "average" C6 buyer?

What age group are you in?

• 21-29

Votes: 24 2.8%
  • 30-39

Votes: 57 6.7%
  • 40-49

Votes: 170 19.9%
  • 50-59

Votes: 327 38.2%
  • 60 and up

Votes: 277 32.4%

• Total voters
Yeah, I'm 60, cripple and not all that bright anymore but we still picked up our 2010 GS A6 with 8800 original miles in "arrest me" red two weeks ago my first day out of hospital after a total right knee replacement . . . found there was plenty of room in the back for my walker :L and I could fold myself into the passenger seat without too much of a hassle. My child bride Patti drove us the 60 miles home while I diddled with the various knobs and buttons on the way.

Have had a passion for speed for as long as I can remember . . . raced 1/4 mile dirt tracks; did a bit of motorcycle competing in the early to mid 70's in WERRA; drag raced multiple cars as a hobby and have over 600K miles on motorcycles of various breeds including various Triumphs, Nortons, Suzukis, Kawasakis, BMWs and Harleys. Recent cars included 2 supercharged Mustang Cobras, BMW 335 and a 330 HP Z3 but this is my first Vette

Looking forward to continuing to surprise the "youngsters" who fall for the trap that all "oldsters" are slow . . . :happyanim:

Since its only 3 weeks this Tuesday since surgery I'm still in rehab for the right knee so my DD is the Vette (when Patti lets me have it) but most of the the time it is my Road Glide

Don't care what model/type of Vette anyone drives nor brand of bike, I'm just a waving fool :L

Happy to be here and hope to see y'all around.

Steve (the old one) and Patti (the young one) Newlyweds as of 5/1/14 :cool!:

You sound like a miserable condescending type of person which I guess is typical of all forums:thumb

Can tell you are a new member. Hope you change your outlook.

Have a nice day. I will wave at you if you are driving a vette and probably if you are driving a later model won't get a response but that is OK.

I know your post has been online for quite some time now, but I'd sacrifice my left one to have your 59 sitting in the garage next to my 13 C6. Keep your head up with pride. :thumb

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional!:beer
Thanks and you are exactly right my wife says I act like a teenager which I consider a compliment Be 70 next week. Thought about trading the 59 for a 14 for about two seconds. No way but I do like the 14.

Welcome and enjoy the ride! :thumb

Yeah, I'm 60, cripple and not all that bright anymore but we still picked up our 2010 GS A6 with 8800 original miles in "arrest me" red two weeks ago my first day out of hospital after a total right knee replacement . . . found there was plenty of room in the back for my walker :L and I could fold myself into the passenger seat without too much of a hassle. My child bride Patti drove us the 60 miles home while I diddled with the various knobs and buttons on the way.

Have had a passion for speed for as long as I can remember . . . raced 1/4 mile dirt tracks; did a bit of motorcycle competing in the early to mid 70's in WERRA; drag raced multiple cars as a hobby and have over 600K miles on motorcycles of various breeds including various Triumphs, Nortons, Suzukis, Kawasakis, BMWs and Harleys. Recent cars included 2 supercharged Mustang Cobras, BMW 335 and a 330 HP Z3 but this is my first Vette

Looking forward to continuing to surprise the "youngsters" who fall for the trap that all "oldsters" are slow . . . :happyanim:

Since its only 3 weeks this Tuesday since surgery I'm still in rehab for the right knee so my DD is the Vette (when Patti lets me have it) but most of the the time it is my Road Glide

Don't care what model/type of Vette anyone drives nor brand of bike, I'm just a waving fool :L

Happy to be here and hope to see y'all around.

Steve (the old one) and Patti (the young one) Newlyweds as of 5/1/14 :cool!:

Welcome...and a speedy recovery with that knee! I have several friends who've had a knee replacement, young and old, and by all accounts, it ain't fun. Enjoy the GS.

Just bought my C6Z at the age of 71, but not my first vette.
This would be my sixth mid-life crisis, according to some.:rotfl
My wife has a C5 now and is some years younger, but didn't vote, as it's not a C6.;)

So I'm still playing with toys and loving it.:thumb

Just bought my C6Z at the age of 71, but not my first vette.
This would be my sixth mid-life crisis, according to some.:rotfl
My wife has a C5 now and is some years younger, but didn't vote, as it's not a C6.;)

So I'm still playing with toys and loving it.:thumb

Good for you, congrats! :thumb

Not sure whether or not it is pertinent, as I didn't buy "new", but I just bought my c6 at the tender age of 59....not my first Corvette either. :D

Last edited:
Well, what did you get? And What did you do with the 04? Pictures, we need pictures.........:happyanim:

So cool. Love my 007. Mine is 6 speed manual though. First manual I've owned in a long time. Congrats on the new acquisition.

Bought our 1st Corvette, a 69 roadster, 10 years ago. Sold it bought a 99 triple black convertible and one year ago at 58, traded it for a new 13 GS convertible.

First Corvette

004.jpgI bought my first Corvette in Feb 2014 one month after my 74th birthday. It is a 2005 Z51 with manual transmission. I bought it from the original owner. A retired female school teacher. My buddies said I should get an automatic because I'm old. After one year I still love the stick even though I hadn't driven one for years. The picture taken in front of the detached garage I built for it.

Last edited:
That's what I've been saying for years. Fortunately my health is good and I have as much hair as I had in my 20's with very little grey.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom