Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

How old is the "average" C6 buyer?

What age group are you in?

• 21-29

Votes: 24 2.8%
  • 30-39

Votes: 57 6.7%
  • 40-49

Votes: 170 19.9%
  • 50-59

Votes: 327 38.2%
  • 60 and up

Votes: 277 32.4%

• Total voters
Funny,

I said that about my buying the 2008, being I'm 52 and had my last vette since 1990 (23 years). Next would be 75, not sure about making there with the current trend of healthcare.

:rotfl

I'm really getting tired of seeing the same type of thread over and over again even if this is an old thread. Fact of the matter is if you like the car you buy it young or older. Of course logically the older you are and if you are able to save for it and purchase a vette you do. That's why you see the older generation in these cars, kids are gone house is paid. Yes if your in the younger generation and can afford a vette you buy one but the numbers are few with house payments, kids and starting a life it's called Priorities it doesn't take a brain surgeon to figure it out. If GM built a C7 for 25k they would sell more, obviously. So with that said changing the design but keeping the price tag the same are they targeting the younger generation, I don't think so. Sorry for not being PC just the facts.:thumb

True

I'm really getting tired of seeing the same type of thread over and over again even if this is an old thread. Fact of the matter is if you like the car you buy it young or older. Of course logically the older you are and if you are able to save for it and purchase a vette you do. That's why you see the older generation in these cars, kids same are they targeting the younger generation, I don't think so. Sorry for not being PC just the facts.:thumb

Very true. I'll go out on a limb by saying that likely about 90% of people under 30 years old just cannot afford a new Corvette, when said car costs over $55k. For most, it's not until later in life when you can finally afford this car. There has been talk about an "entry level", cheaper Corvette, for years. Be careful what you wish for, as a $35k Corvette would water down the relative exclusivity of the car.

I bought my first Corvette when I was 21,now at 57 I drive a 2013 every day.Cant wait to see how my C7 goes in the snow!

I just got my first Corvette last fall (2012) and I was 56. BTW, I can get in and out without groans and grunts...;LOL

I'm really getting tired of seeing the same type of thread over and over again even if this is an old thread. Fact of the matter is if you like the car you buy it young or older. Of course logically the older you are and if you are able to save for it and purchase a vette you do. That's why you see the older generation in these cars, kids are gone house is paid. Yes if your in the younger generation and can afford a vette you buy one but the numbers are few with house payments, kids and starting a life it's called Priorities it doesn't take a brain surgeon to figure it out. If GM built a C7 for 25k they would sell more, obviously. So with that said changing the design but keeping the price tag the same are they targeting the younger generation, I don't think so. Sorry for not being PC just the facts.:thumb
You sound like a miserable condescending type of person which I guess is typical of all forums:thumb

You sound like a miserable condescending type of person which I guess is typical of all forums:thumb

Lighten up Spitz.

I agree, spot on! :beer

I was 51 when I got my first vette a 2001 Silver vert, which I will say was a piece of crap. Lived in the shop and could not believe people pay 50+ large for these things. But the 2003 was much better QC. On number 5 and my last the 2013 60th Annv. Callaway my dream car. Just took me til I was 63 and now 64 as of this writing. Save the :w

Other interesting polls, if not already done, might be:

- How long have you had your vette(s)

- How many vettes have you had/have over time

- Which year does this community vote as the best overall vette

I just turned 74. I have driven Corvettes off and on since I was 20.

I don't feel old and don't look old but if I want to feel 30 years younger I jump into my 2013 GS and away I go.

Corvettes owned: 57, 63 coupe 65 396, 2008 vert, 2011 ZO6, 2011,Carbon and my present 2013 GS vert.

I am 59 and have owned 3 Vettes. A 69 Roadster (still own), a 99 Z51 vert (sold) and our newest acquisition a 13 GS vert. We have also owned 5 Camaros. The only one we still have is the wife's 69 SS.

44 in a couple weeks. Just got my first Corvette. 2013 427 Conv. Anniversary

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I'm 63 now and on my third C6. Bought my first C6 back in 2005 at 55. Bought my first Vette the day after I turned 41. I've had a Vette in the garage ever since.

How Old?

If I can only remember where I left that Key Fob????:ugh:chuckle

Sounds alike

I'm 63 now and on my third C6. Bought my first C6 back in 2005 at 55. Bought my first Vette the day after I turned 41. I've had a Vette in the garage ever since.

I bought my first one at 42, a C3, then to a C4 2X, but this is my first C6 and it has been the best one yet, easier to get in and out is a true FACT. Happy days are more to come if my plans fall right on sched, I will get my first C7 when I turn 67.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom