Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

How old is the "average" C6 buyer?

What age group are you in?

• 21-29

Votes: 24 2.8%
  • 30-39

Votes: 57 6.7%
  • 40-49

Votes: 170 19.9%
  • 50-59

Votes: 327 38.2%
  • 60 and up

Votes: 277 32.4%

• Total voters
Love to see the true demographics on Corvette owners :Old ,male ,white ,grumpy, republican .other car is a Buick .You don't see many young people on any of the corvette forums .

(tell me I'm wrong )

I fit your description except for the Buick. My other car is a 96 Dodge Ram 4x4 and my wife drives a 14 Mercedes C250. BTW I bought my first Vette last year one month after my 74th birthday. 2005 Z51 with stick shift. I love it and have wanted one most of my life, just had other priorities.

I fit your description except for the Buick. My other car is a 96 Dodge Ram 4x4 and my wife drives a 14 Mercedes C250. BTW I bought my first Vette last year one month after my 74th birthday. 2005 Z51 with stick shift. I love it and have wanted one most of my life, just had other priorities.

My DD is 4x4 Silverado and the wife drives a CTS Caddy.

My DD is 4x4 Silverado and the wife drives a CTS Caddy.

I almost asked what year your Corvette is but I noticed your previous handle was Toms001 so I assume your C6 is an 007. I'm old but not senile yet.

Very nice

I almost asked what year your Corvette is but I noticed your previous handle was Toms001 so I assume your C6 is an 007. I'm old but not senile yet.

Very nice
:D

First Corvette

Just purchased an '07 Z51 coupe w/4400 miles on it. I'm 64 and wife is 63. We are delighted with how it drives and how strong a stock LS2 runs.

Last edited:
Old Vetter

I am 63, soon to be 64 and I had Vettes since I was 42 years old. In 1993 I bought my first, a 1976 Stingray Auto/PS/PW/AC, and PWR windows. I had to restore 50% of it so it wasn't too bad and I really enjoyed it even though it only made 10 MPG on a good day and easy on the gas pedal. I sold it when I hit financial bad times and in 2004 I rewarded myself once again with a pristine 1985, 4 + 3 which my daughter wrecked and walked out of it without a scratch. I had the car for a few years, was totaled and then I bought a 1986 Pace Car Convertible which I had until I traded it for the 2008 which I presently own. All my life I dreamt about owning Corvettes since I saw the first Mako style in 1968, I fell in love with them and that revived my taste buds for the earlier years, which I haven't owned one, but maybe I will, I still have some years left to live ( I hope ). Why I went for Vettes? Style, performance & Insurance was finally cheaper once I was married!!!! Today's young is even farther than owning one until they retire. How sad ! (unless you were born rich, not in my case) :happyanim::upthumbs:thumb

Last edited:
Just purchased an '07 Z51 coupe w/4400 miles on it. I'm 64 and wife is 63. We are delighted with how it drives and how strong a stock LS2 runs.

Welcome to CAC! :w Yes you are right, the LS2 is a strong running engine. I had several tell me "go for an 08 or newer to get the LS3 and the 30 more horsepower." I don't think i miss the extra 30 horse. Love my 07. :thumb

dre

Love to see the true demographics on Corvette owners :Old ,male ,white ,grumpy, republican .other car is a Buick .You don't see many young people on any of the corvette forums .

(tell me I'm wrong )

Well, I buck the status quo...I'm young, black, democrat, sexy (haha) and the other car is a Ford Expedition.

Well, I buck the status quo...I'm young, black, democrat, sexy (haha) and the other car is a Ford Expedition.

LOVE IT!!!!!! I hate stereotypes, even when they are sometimes correct. I'm old, white and sometimes grumpy, but fall out of most of the other Vette owners profile cliches, and couldn't be prouder. Thank God for exceptions to "usual."

dre

LOVE IT!!!!!! I hate stereotypes, even when they are sometimes correct. I'm old, white and sometimes grumpy, but fall out of most of the other Vette owners profile cliches, and couldn't be prouder. Thank God for exceptions to "usual."
Agreed! I'm not crazy 'bout stereotypes either, but I will say that my teenager thinks I'm old and grumpy...lol

dre

Yeah, I'm 60, cripple and not all that bright anymore but we still picked up our 2010 GS A6 with 8800 original miles in "arrest me" red two weeks ago my first day out of hospital after a total right knee replacement . . . found there was plenty of room in the back for my walker :L and I could fold myself into the passenger seat without too much of a hassle. My child bride Patti drove us the 60 miles home while I diddled with the various knobs and buttons on the way.

Have had a passion for speed for as long as I can remember . . . raced 1/4 mile dirt tracks; did a bit of motorcycle competing in the early to mid 70's in WERRA; drag raced multiple cars as a hobby and have over 600K miles on motorcycles of various breeds including various Triumphs, Nortons, Suzukis, Kawasakis, BMWs and Harleys. Recent cars included 2 supercharged Mustang Cobras, BMW 335 and a 330 HP Z3 but this is my first Vette

Looking forward to continuing to surprise the "youngsters" who fall for the trap that all "oldsters" are slow . . . :happyanim:

Since its only 3 weeks this Tuesday since surgery I'm still in rehab for the right knee so my DD is the Vette (when Patti lets me have it) but most of the the time it is my Road Glide

Don't care what model/type of Vette anyone drives nor brand of bike, I'm just a waving fool :L

Happy to be here and hope to see y'all around.

Steve (the old one) and Patti (the young one) Newlyweds as of 5/1/14 :cool!:

Good for you, Steve...Congrats and enjoy the ride--I'm a waving fool, TOO!!!

Just turned 63 today I just bought a 2008 crimson red c6 for my birthday.
this is my second corvette had a 1971 white c3

Last edited:

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom