Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

How old is the "average" C6 buyer?

What age group are you in?

• 21-29

Votes: 24 2.8%
  • 30-39

Votes: 57 6.7%
  • 40-49

Votes: 170 19.9%
  • 50-59

Votes: 327 38.2%
  • 60 and up

Votes: 277 32.4%

• Total voters
If you didn't know when you were born... how old would you be?:beer

A fellow member said it best. I think it went something like this, When the c-9's come out, then I can probobly afford a C-6. c5havin. Remember the wave!:w

Mid life + a few

Ordered my first NEW Vette last week for my 55th b/d. Have owned a 73 and an 81 that I restored , but never a new one until now. Life is good right now.

This car will also be a retirement gift after 35 years of shift work.....My darling wife says I earned it . Aint she the best?????

Like someone said earlier, I wet myself when I think about the car is being built for me................JUST FOR ME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Ordered my first NEW Vette last week for my 55th b/d. Have owned a 73 and an 81 that I restored , but never a new one until now. Life is good right now.

This car will also be a retirement gift after 35 years of shift work.....My darling wife says I earned it . Aint she the best?????

Like someone said earlier, I wet myself when I think about the car is being built for me................JUST FOR ME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Just for you !

Just for you !
They even let some of the Upper Class help build there car!!:boogie:boogie:boogie :D:D:D

Img165.jpg

Img166.jpg

Img167.jpg

Img168.jpg

Img169.jpg

Img170.jpg

Currently I'm 69 measured in earth years, so on average during my lifetime I've been 34-1/2. I'm driving an '07 A6 VY 1LT coupe, also had a '69 T-top 427/390 stickshift Stingray that was nice but crude, rode and handled like a truck. I've also had Porsche 356 and 911, MGB, Fiat, VW, Subaru and dozens of mundane models of MoPar, FoMoCo and GM, most bought used for less than $1K. I don't miss carburetors, mechanical distributors, valve adjustments or 1K mile oil changes.

When The General offers an A6 Z06 or, even better, please, please, please, an A6 ZR1, I'll buy one. I don't need any gadgets other than DOT lights, wipers, mirrors and gauges, and a heater/defroster. Don't need A/C or push-button start, or a radio, or digital display anything, or MP3 or CD or GPS or Blackberry whatever that is, or a pop top, or tilt-telescoping wheel, or power seats, or an "ambient light" in the passenger visor clip. Hand-cranked windows are OK. And, of course, it's got to be available in school bus yellow or taxicab yellow or construction equipment yellow.

Here's some of my family and our 1955 Porsche Continental coupe 1500 Normal in 1969 or thereabouts. The nose damage was by a previous owner.

1955PorscheContinentalcoupe.jpg

...I don't need any gadgets other than DOT lights, wipers, mirrors and gauges, and a heater/defroster. Don't need A/C or push-button start, or a radio, or digital display anything, or MP3 or CD or GPS or Blackberry whatever that is, or a pop top, or tilt-telescoping wheel, or power seats, or an "ambient light" in the passenger visor clip. Hand-cranked windows are OK. And, of course, it's got to be available in school bus yellow or taxicab yellow or construction equipment yellow.

I am with you on all of this and I like the newer and better suspension the new Models have.

37 here,just bought my 08 c6 A6-z51 with npp about 2 months ago.i had an 06 carrera c2 cab and before that 04 boxster s...great handling cars and a big wow factor.but not enough in straight line preformance.love my new vette...but yea i hear it all the time vettes are for old guys.kinda gets irratating...but hey most of the people saying it are driving toyotas and hondas ,so who cares!:beer

51 here, have always wanted a corvette, it just took this long to have enough money sitting around doing nothing to be able to buy it. For me it must be a second car!
Love my 07 convertible!

Just wondering....Had the opportunity of seeing some GM "expected" statistics on age and median income and just wondering how close they are. Without giving details, the cost of the car was expected to move the age group "up" but at the same time the attraction was set for 30-40 year-olds with plenty of disposable income (the C6 not being the primary car).

Ooops, should have put 21-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, and 60+ but can't change it!!!:(

I'm in thr 50-59 group and ordered a C6 3 weeks ago. My vette is scheduled for production this week (3/16) and I should take delivery by the end of the month... Can't wait! I have not been this excited about anything for a VERY longtime. The only disapointment is I cannot participate in the museum delivery because I ordered the GCA Ultimate Package option and for some reason (that nobody seems to have a answer for) with that option you cannot take delivery at the museum.

Jim

Isn't that because GCA is a dealer installed package?

Yes that is a dealer installed package, however my question was.. Why can't I take delivery at the museum and drive the car back to CA and leave it at the dealer to install "some" of the items in the package? The reason I say some is becasue I do not want all of the items in the package installed on the car but I will keep the ones that I don't use.

I spoke with Gary Cockriel at the museum and he agreed and he asked the marketing folks at Chevrolet the same question but so far no success. He did offer for us to come and participate in the museum delivery and enjoy the entire experiance except I fly home instead of driving my new Vette.

I guess I should look on the positive side when you consider the mileage that I won't be putting on the car and I thought it was very nice of him to offer.

Jim

Turned 50 in October and just bought this.

G21680T.jpg

And it's not a mid-life crisis.. this will be Vette #7. :upthumbs

I 've been saying that I am "50" for the last 5 years....but in actuality- right now I am 49...I guess when I am 50-55 years old , I will say that I am 60. I own a '78 Silver Anniversary Pace Car still untitled and just ordered the 2008 Pace Car commerative with automatic trans and hardtop with two sets of roof panels. It will be like father and son. Pace car scheduled to arrive in early May.
thanks

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom