Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: How to clean debris from AC\Heat system ?

JimBobC4

Corvette
1995 Dark Red 6spd Convertible
First of all hello to all ! I've been a member since 2004. However this is my first post.

I have just purchased a 1995 Ruby Red Convertable with 78k miles on it. In my usual fashion, I bought the car and brought it home and started taking it apart. Apparently the car sat outside for an extended period.

After removing the drain tubes, I've found the heat and AC system has about 1 inch of decaying leaves and tree crud I can feel that has settled
inside the system. ( AC Condensor ? )

How do I clean this out ? Do I have to dissassemble the entire heat and air system ? or can I just hose it out ?

I can't help much with your problem, but I can say we are glad that you have finally decided to open up and post a message. Hopefully someone will be along soon who can answer your question...my guess would be GMJunkie has the answer for you.

Welcome to CAC (finally).

Thank you ! I have lurked here for years. Reading each post, deciding on C-4 or a C-5, automatic or 6 spd etc. Deciding which one I could or couldn't work on (hence the C-4 clamshell) All the time saving for the right car which I finally found.

I've picked up the water hose 10 times today and set it back down not wanting to flood the interior.

Hopefully, someone somewhere has had the same problem and solved it.

Ok.Here's what I did to resolve the situation. I removed both screens from the top vents under the hood. Removed both drain tubes ( I had to remove the lower panels to get to them). I then dug out as much as I could with my finger. I then ran ALOT of water through the top vent so as to wash it through the drain area. After about 5 minutes everything seemed flushed out. I then put a piece of tape over the drain hole and filled the bottom with Lysol to kill the mold spoors. Let it set for 15 minutes and flushed again. It worked like charm.

If you have wet carpet on the passenger side, or a musty smell in the AC system you may have the same issue.

Thanks JimBob. Something worth looking into.

Welcome and congrats on your first post, JimBob! And a big congrats on your '95! The C4 is a great Vette, enjoy yours to the fullest extent possible! Oh... and we need to see photos soon. :D

BTW - Ruby Red wasn't a color option on the '95... is yours a Dark Red Metallic or has it been repainted Ruby Red? Either color is beautiful IMHO. :_rock

:wJane Ann

[BTW - Ruby Red wasn't a color option on the '95... is yours a Dark Red Metallic or has it been repainted Ruby Red? Either color is beautiful IMHO. :_rock

:wJane Ann[/quote]

How can I tell ? I'm new to the Vette scene. I guess its Dark red Metallic.
Where are the paint codes etc ?

Thanks ! Thats exactly what I was looking for. New project for the night.

All your RPO codes should be listed under your console lid. Color should be listed there as well.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom