Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

How to clean leather console to install emblem.

Vettevrooom

Corvette
2000 Millennium Yellow Coupe Glass Top
I have a question about what to use to clean the leather console before applying one of the emblems? I don't want to ruin the leather but figure I should get the leather polish off first. Thanks for your help.

I assume you're speaking of the waterfall emblem? If so, I would just wipe it down with warm water. That way you'll get most of the oils from cleaning products off but won't harm the material by completely stripping it. This is what I did with mine and it hasn't moved an inch in over a year. Someone else might have a better suggestion. A little rubbing alcohol diluted with a little water might not be too bad as long as you put conditioner on the exposed areas around the emblem immediately. Hope this helps.

-Kenny

Not sure what the waterfall is, mine is the C5 logo for on the piece behind the console. Thank you for the suggestion. I'd much rather use something that has been proved successful.

That's it (i.e. waterfall emblem). If I recall correctly, I used a cloth with warm water and a slight bit of alcohol to wipe the area down. Then I installed the emblem using hard pressure for about 20-30 seconds. After that, I made sure I wiped the entire (inbetween cracks are around the emblem) with a conditioner. Stuck like glue and hasn't moved in over a year. That's a great addition to your interior......really adds some color. Good luck!:w

must be the waterfall your talking about,the console is not leather.are you talking about the piece behind the arm rest just behind and between the seats?then yup,thats the waterfall emblem.not much leather in the car.the part were the waterfall goes isnt really part of the console,is it?its more of a partition i thought.

Waterfall is the term used for the convertible and that is not a flexible material. The coupe, which poodle is talking about, is covered with a flexible material, plastic. Warn water and soap is good but may not remove some of the protective coatings some may have used. Alcohol, lightly used, may be needed to get a good clean surface for the adhesive.

When you have it clean, mark out where you want it placed with a masking tape window. When you are sure of your location/position you can apply the emblem and then remove the tape. Good luck

Poodle said:
I have a question about what to use to clean the leather console before applying one of the emblems? I don't want to ruin the leather but figure I should get the leather polish off first. Thanks for your help.
still not quit sure what your talking about,but weather its a coupe,or convertable,its still called a waterfall emblem.the one for the coupe is actually more expensive.
later,Todd.

Yes, I think my confusion originates with the fact that I've only had my Corvette a couple months and still learning everything at once and the packaging for the emblem reads console. I suppose it's close enough. Don't worry, I won't put it on the console lid LOL!

I would think the material, whatever it is, should be treated the same as leather though, correct? Thank you all for the ideas. I will use the soap & then a quick alcohol rinse where it will be placed.

Hmmm not sure either. It was advertised for this area, the lid or the hood and it is GM. It feels like the same emblem.

hey Poodle,
you can probably put it anywhere you can fit it?does it say it must go on leather?do you have a picture of it?can you e-mail the place you bought it from?good luck.
Todd.

The "waterfall" is the cool looking piece between the seats in a vert, that is the same color as the car. It has the emblem on it, hence it's name.

I put one on mine, well worth it as it looks way cool. I just used some warm soapy water, dabbed with a towel, then rinsed with a fresh wet towel. Did this several times. Then I did something very unatural to a Vette....I popped the top off, climbed inside facing the back, and straddled the console (being oh so careful of the shifter) so I could get a perfect, straight, above angle to apply the emblem. Wanted to make sure it was perfect. I did this in my garage with the door down so no one could see.

:cool

LOL what a picture that must have been! See what you deprived your neighbors of, some good dinner conversation!! I did about the same thing, but I'm short so just knelt down over console & practiced. It's a small area so shouldn't have much trouble centering it. Now to assemble what I need and put the emblem & the back plate on that just came in the mail. It is shameless how much I love this car!!

Hawaii: It is the same one that is on the front & back of the car. I've not been to your state since '73. My son wants to go as his graduation from college gift. We offered anywhere Europe included and he still likes what he hears about Hawaii. My husband still remembers the Great Kahuna raining on him every time he tried to sunbathe! LOL Beautiful, beautiful...I've been growing orchids since buying a few there.

Thanks guys, hugs.

HaHa Why hadn't I thought of that? That's it! Thanks.

Chevrolets waterfall

Another version.

hey poodle,
ya the weather here is a trip,it can be raining on one side of the street but not the other.then 10 minutes later its hot and sunny.its hard to keep the car clean(black)i bought a little saturn car just so i dont have to drive to work(3 miles) in the rain just after detailing the car.i will say i think the waterfall on the convertable is a little nicer than the coupes.waterfall referes to the partion too console lid,look again it looks kinda like a waterfall.if you look threw the catalogs doesnt matter what car its on,its a waterfall.the vert just comes with one.maybe i will take the one off the front of my car and stick it on my waterfall.i hate the emblems on the front and the back of the car.the one on the back has already been stolen(at movies)then i saw an 'impala' with one on the side:bash
aloha,Todd.

Yes...That's the waterfall....that blue thing between the seats.

:duh

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom