Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

How to contact Chevy/GM

Topless

Corvette
1992 Convt w/hard top; 2004 Z06 Z16; 1962 327/300
OK, so after several attempts by the dealer to fix the jumping serpentine belt (that was caused by a dealer), it is still not fixed.

The hub and balancer have been replaced (again), along with the tensioner, idler and p/s pulley.

Everything has been inspected at least once.

The 1-800-222-1020 (Chevy Cust. Support) says that there is nothing they can do to help (Even though the problem was created by a dealer)

The dealer that is working on it is owned by the same one that messed it up in the first place. So far, they have been working on it for free, but they have stopped since they can not duplicate the problem on command. (Basically, it only jumps when I am driving.)

Who do I talk to?
How do you reach someone that will help solve this?
Ideas? I am about ready to shove my vette off a cliff, and go buy a non GM vehicle.:r

Thanks

ps. I left a voice mail for the owner of the dealership yesterday, and still no call back.

pps. Vettes on the Rockies is this weekend. Busted vette and the biggest vette even in the state. ;help

Im just taking a leap here but by using a strobing timing light and a dim lit area wouldn't it show where a wobble or miss alignment would be? (Im thinking using a strobe light would slow down the action revealing the culprit). Aside from pulleys and brackets the only two other ideas I have is a jumping/misbalanced/seizing AC compressor or a problem with the crank (Thrust bearing/unbalanced/main bearing problem/etc...)

You'd think with the amount of shop time and wrench work they would have either pulled the block and removed the oil pan and/or the crank from underneath.

Truthfully if you keep it with the problem after enough time the culprit will reveal him self by wearing out (LOL who has that long!!)

Thats about it for my ideas ceot mabe for a bent pinion HOLDING the pullys on!

This seems SO simple yet so HARD!

Hope it works out in the end!

:crazy :TALK

General #

General Motors Corporation
300 Renaissance Center
P.O. Box 300
Detroit, Michigan 48265-3000
Phone: (313) 556-5000

Working on the underground pipeline.

Vig!

GM service technology group

These are the manual editors and such... but you might get a lead here

1-800-828-6860

I had a problem with my dealer, and i called to Bi#$@. The customer support phone answerer called and Bi#$@ed out the dealer... I also just got a free oil change certificate in the mail, good at any chevy dealer (since i won't go back to the same one ever again) Heck, a synthetic oil change is worth 35 bucks or so if i do it myself, so I can't complain too much.

Call the Chevy Zone Office

:w

General Motors
Customer Assistance Center
Chevrolet/Geo Motor Division
General Motors Corporation
P.O. Box 7047
Troy, MI 48007-7047
1 (800) 222-1020 (toll free)

I'd ask them for the contact information for the Manager of the Zone you are in. Expect them to resist, but if you persist you can prevail. Keep good records, and makes notes after each conversation, summing up who said what and when.

I had a similar battle with MacPherson Chevy, in SoCalif. and got to know the zone person a bit too well. They offered to buy my car back, finally. I have two inches of papers!

Don'tcha love a good fight!

You all are great.

Thank you for all the contacts. I will start mailing letters asap.

I owe each of you a drink.

I will let you know how the fight progresses.

-BigRed:
I have had them check the crank. Supposedly, it is ok with run-out and endplay (don't have the exact #'s with me at work). I am not entirely confident in the assesment as the two dealerships have the same owner. (Again-the whole cost issue. Who gets ahead when costing the company $$$)

I have been told by a dealer in San Diego that at 62K mi, he (the service manager) would make them (dealer that messed up) put a new engine in instead of a rebuild based on the number of miles I have on my vette. While I don't mind that idea, I would be a little nervous that they would put in a LT-1 from a Camero or worse, a Caprice/Impala.

argh.

I am still open to any ideas. Keep them coming.

thanks again-
Mike

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom