Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

HOW TO DEACTIVATE INTERIOR COURTESY LIGHTS??

Craig1979

Corvette
1979 L82
I've got a 1998 C5 that I like to leave to door open at car shows to show off the interior modifications. But I can't fiqure out how to turn the interior courtesy lights off so that the battery doesn't go dead.

(All these electronic control modules are great technology, but the old door jam switches were easy to find).

Anyone know how to turn off the visor map lights/interior courtesy lights with the door open??????

(I thought them would automatically shut off during the daylight after a short period of time - not mine. Can't find any "programming" procedure for this).

Hope someone can help!

I've got a 1998 C5 that I like to leave to door open at car shows to show off the interior modifications. But I can't fiqure out how to turn the interior courtesy lights off so that the battery doesn't go dead.

(All these electronic control modules are great technology, but the old door jam switches were easy to find).

Anyone know how to turn off the visor map lights/interior courtesy lights with the door open??????

(I thought them would automatically shut off during the daylight after a short period of time - not mine. Can't find any "programming" procedure for this).

Hope someone can help!

Good question. I am interested in an answer, too.:grouphug:

Did you wait a while? I'm not sure but I think I remember when I was doing some kind of install inside (the XM or maybe the underdash blacklights, I was pretty sure the interior lights just shut off after a long while by themselves?

Deactivating Interior Lights

I somehow thought the same thing. But I parked the car outside in the sunlite, left the drivers door opened up to 30 minutes and the interior courtesy lights never went out.

Maybe someone else with a 1998 or so C5 could try this and tell us if they're interior courtesy light go out via sometype of timer when the door is left open in the daylight.

Dont know if it matters, but, when I did my work it was in the garage at night (pretty dim in car); and when I said it shut off after a while, it could have been after a little more than the half hour. Sorry, it's got the cover on and hasnt been started in a while or I'd just go see :). Maybe later this week :)))

My 03 shuts down after about 25-30 min!!;shrug

My 98 interior lights go off in about 30 mins. There is a load detection device that shuts off the lights to protect the battery from draining. Make sure your interior brightness control knob isn't all the way to the right position. Check out you owners manual under interior lights for info on how they work. I just did and found out that there is a "parade mode". Handy in case your ever in a parade. G.M. thinks of everything, don't they?

This button controls the brightness of your instrument panel lights when your headlamps or parking lamps are on.

To change the brightness of the instrument Panel lights
Push and release the button and it will pop out.
Turn the button clockwise (to the right) to brighten the lights or counterclockwise (to the left) to dim them.
The instrument panel brightness knob has an added feature called Parade Mode to assist you in seeing certain instrument panel controls if your headlamps are on in the daylight.
Right before turning the courtesy lamps on by turning the button all the way to the right with the parking lamps or headlamps on
The radio controls will come on at their maximum brightness
Driver Information Center (DIC) display
Heating and air conditioning controls will come on at their maximum brightness .

Didn't know that.
I love a parade :)

My 98 interior lights go off in about 30 mins. There is a load detection device that shuts off the lights to protect the battery from draining. Make sure your interior brightness control knob isn't all the way to the right position. Check out you owners manual under interior lights for info on how they work. I just did and found out that there is a "parade mode". Handy in case your ever in a parade. G.M. thinks of everything, don't they?

Did someone say "Parade"?? Where? When? ;LOL

On a related topic, what about the light under your hood? Does it go out too? I was working on it recently and started to leave the hood open while I went to eat supper...but, decided against it since my Delco is over 4 years old. It got me wondering reading this thread if the hood light also goes out over time?:confused

LT

Did someone say "Parade"?? Where? When? ;LOL

On a related topic, what about the light under your hood? Does it go out too? I was working on it recently and started to leave the hood open while I went to eat supper...but, decided against it since my Delco is over 4 years old. It got me wondering reading this thread if the hood light also goes out over time?:confused

LT

Yes it does.

I knew the hood light went out after a while but didn't know about the courtesy lights or the parade mode. I will have to check that out now.

Bill

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom