Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

How to fix a sagging door?

70 RED 454

Corvette
1970 LS5 4 Speed Red Coupe
My 70 coupe has a door that hasn't closed easily for a while and now it is difficult to open. The door sags.

Is there a write up somewhere to explain how to fix it? I don't know if it needs shims, a bushing, a pin or all three.

ms

Get a hinge rebuild kit and rebuild both hinges. Kit should have instructions. It's an easy fix, but time consuming.

Did this fix on my 74. You need to remove the door panel. First take off the inside handles then remove the screws that hold the panel. Assuming no power windows. You will need the help of a friend. Next step is unbolt the door from the hinge. Before you start, put some masking tape on the door edge and body. It will prevent chipping the paint as you lift off the door. With the door off just punch out the old pin and bushing and put in new one. It is possible that the pin will not clear the car body on the top, if so you will need to cut the pin. Put the new pin in from the bottom. Reassemble with lots of caution as you put the door back in place. Very easy to chip the paint. Align the door then lock done the attaching bolts. Replace the door panel. If you have the time lube the window and handle/lock. Plan on 3 to 4 hours. Good luck

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom