Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

How to insert acceptable images

Corvette
63 Resto Coupe-Red 65 Roadster
A big thank you to JohnZ for this " How To "

I have included ( see below ) the instructions on how to go about inserting a " thumbnail image " so that everyone can easilly include small photos that are much less intrusive, and do not detract from the text wording of the basic message

Here is my first attempt at using this function. If I got it right, a photo of my latest purchase which is a 350 Ram-Jet should appear.

Here are the instructions on the " How-to "

I just use the "Manage Attachments" button in the "Options" box below the window in which you compose your post. When you click that button, it brings up a window where you browse your hard drive, select the image you want, click on the "upload" button, and it uploads that image to the forum server. Then you close the upload window, and when you submit the post, the thumbnail appears below your text. I use it when I want to include an image that I haven't uploaded to my photo-hosting site - a real time-saver.

JohnZ

Bob,

Here's a thread from the Site Help and Feedback forum that gives a step by step instruction with photos for uploading images to posts. Hope it helps. Uploading Photos

Nice shot of your engine. Here's the same photo in full size. :)

attachment.php

:w Jane Ann

Thank you for your input Jane Ann.

As for the photo of the engine, I would like to bring your attention to the smudge marks on the top, rear section of the plenum.

I did not cause them, as they were there when I uncreated the engine, so they should be considered as " Original factory finger smudges ", and judged as such;LOL

regards
Stepinwolf

I have always thought if I were to go the crate engine route that or its big brother the 502 ram jet would be the way to go. Is it a returnless system like the newer cars or does it require a fuel return line.
A good source for EFI tanks is Rock Valley Antiques, but I imagine you know that already.;)
Bye Bye Carburetor;LOL ;LOL

Whats it going in?

I plan on installing it in a 63 coupe that was originally a fuelie car. As for the 502, it's got a lot going for it, but in as much as this Corvette will probably be a family car, I wanted to install something that will move it out, but at the same time, something that would be more civilized.

After all 350 HP and 400 lbs of torque at close to 2000 RPM in a car that rounds out at close to 3200 lbs is more then a little respectable. Then when you consider that it get close to 30 miles to the gallon with the new MEFI 4 ECU, it becomes a much more desirable option.

Besides, the fact that it will be a better balanced, and a much better performing vehicle in all driving situations, will just be a bonus in my choice of engines for this coupe.

BTY, it does need a fuel return line, and one will be fabbed, or purchased

Stepinwolf

Kool, Keep us posted on your progress I would think you could run a pair of stock fuel lines parallel to each other if you didn't want to fab one up but bulk line is so much cheaper. ;LOL

if you put an auto behind it you could have one of the few Vettes with remote start.;)

I personally prefer small blocks, but as you know nothing fills and engine compartment like a big block

Got to agree with you there. ;)

However with all due respect to those who choose to install big-block's ( I am in the process of dropping a 572 in a 67 coupe ) a well rounded small block, would probably out perform a big block on any decent road race course. The weight ratio, c/g, brake fade, and general handling, has in the past, given the sb a net advantage over it's bigger brethren .

As far as filling up the engine bay with a BB, most of those who do go that route, spend all of their time trying to fit everything in. :chuckle

Stepinwolf

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom