Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

How would you feel if....

Rob

Site Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Corvette
1990 Corvette ZR-1
Don't think I would appreciate it much. Makes me think how much of this goes on. I know the car is made to run, but what are the potential issues with a brand new car being ran like this?

Bad enough to flog someone else's toy... but recording the act is over the top!

-Mac

The mileage of the car you buy needs to be less than 5 tenths. I picked up a Camaro with 1 tenth on it. Almost guaranteed no joy rides.

For what you're paying, this is a small request to ask for.

Is there any mileage put on at the factory before it leaves to make sure it does in fact drive?

I believe they do random sample testing.

The part at the end where he gets out and puts his arms up and then points at the camera put the icing on the cake. He must be "special." :ugh

Did he keep his job?

Is there any mileage put on at the factory before it leaves to make sure it does in fact drive?

In our dealership the tech's are requried to drive them at leat 7 miles during a PDI for quality control issues. I suppose that the sales manager could request not to test drive a vehicle if the manufacturer ok'd it. The hardest miles put on any new vehicle are usually during the first couple of miles, between the transporters and lot lizards, it can be brutal. I doubt any harm came to that vehicle in the video besides additional tire wear, but it is still not right in any sense of the imagination. Obviously that employee was looking to leave.

I doubt that any damage was done to the car as the car was built to be driven like that. However, the point is that he's doing that to something that isn't his and probably can't afford to replace if he broke it. Honest mistake is different but that was no mistake there.

Personally, I'd be pretty pissed if that were my car. I've read numerous stories where porters take customers' cars out for joy rides and have even crashed some.

I doubt that any damage was done to the car as the car was built to be driven like that. However, the point is that he's doing that to something that isn't his and probably can't afford to replace if he broke it. Honest mistake is different but that was no mistake there.

Personally, I'd be pretty pissed if that were my car. I've read numerous stories where porters take customers' cars out for joy rides and have even crashed some.

Very true.

:wMost dealer's employs are not really considerate.
That said the car actually belongs to GM and is considered new until sold. it could be 1000 years old with a million miles but it is still considered new.:confused

In reality what we saw is really nothing compared to what it can endure. BUT if it had an issue and brought back under warranty, the dealer would say the normal......gee we never had that problem before!!:chuckle

It takes 7/10 of a mile to get the ave Corvette out to the staging area for shipment .

If you order a Corvette you can tell the dealer no dealer prep.Most dealers with Honor your request but you need to make it a condition of the sale.This is a little against GM policy but -----

Oh ,there was a small test track in back of the plant and a few random cars are tested but they are seldom cars that have been customer ordered.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom