Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

HPP3+ or SuperChips MicroTuner

Alex D

Corvette
2004 Coupe A4, Mag Red II
I need to decide if I should buy a Hypertech HPP3+ or Superchips MicroTuner for my LS1 engine. I have heard much good about the MicroTuner. Do they noth have the same programming options and features? Which one has the better power program?
Any help is very much appreciated!!

T

THE YAV

Alex,
You never said if your car was an auto or stick. My experience is with the Hypertech III. I used the program to lower my fan temp, use 91 octang fuel curve and raised my RPM limiter to 6400. My car runs around 190-200 degrees. After instalation I did not have any "seat of the pance" feel. However if you have a automatic the programer will let you change shift points for better use of the LS1 power band for better 0-60 times and 1/4 times. Its a tough call, hopefully someone out there has used the chip. I have installed a new aircleaner, throttle bypass, and removed my mass air sensor screan, freeing up air and making the engine run cooler (but not to cool) helps out. Good luck
v/r
THE YAV

Alex D

Corvette
2004 Coupe A4, Mag Red II
Actually the tuner I am intending to buy is for my 2002 Chevy Suburban Z71 w/ the 5.3 LS engine.

T

THE YAV

Alex,
The reviews I read and saw on TV shows (for whats thats worth) gave greater results to trucks and passenger cars. For the money and options I would go with the Hypertech III. There is a Hypertech website which would answer your questions.
http.//hypertech-inc.com
v/r
THE YAV

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Parts/Accessories:

Vetteskins

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Partners

Top Bottom