Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

HPP3+ or SuperChips MicroTuner

Alex D

Corvette
2004 Coupe A4, Mag Red II
I need to decide if I should buy a Hypertech HPP3+ or Superchips MicroTuner for my LS1 engine. I have heard much good about the MicroTuner. Do they noth have the same programming options and features? Which one has the better power program?
Any help is very much appreciated!!

Alex,
You never said if your car was an auto or stick. My experience is with the Hypertech III. I used the program to lower my fan temp, use 91 octang fuel curve and raised my RPM limiter to 6400. My car runs around 190-200 degrees. After instalation I did not have any "seat of the pance" feel. However if you have a automatic the programer will let you change shift points for better use of the LS1 power band for better 0-60 times and 1/4 times. Its a tough call, hopefully someone out there has used the chip. I have installed a new aircleaner, throttle bypass, and removed my mass air sensor screan, freeing up air and making the engine run cooler (but not to cool) helps out. Good luck
v/r
THE YAV

Actually the tuner I am intending to buy is for my 2002 Chevy Suburban Z71 w/ the 5.3 LS engine.

Alex,
The reviews I read and saw on TV shows (for whats thats worth) gave greater results to trucks and passenger cars. For the money and options I would go with the Hypertech III. There is a Hypertech website which would answer your questions.
http.//hypertech-inc.com
v/r
THE YAV

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom