Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Hub Covers

PaulV

Corvette
1999 Pewter Conv.
I am considering Hub Covers for my C5. Does anyone have any experience with installing them, etc.. I have heard several people say that they cause the brakes to over-heat??:confused

PaulV

I am considering Hub Covers for my C5. Does anyone have any experience with installing them, etc.. I have heard several people say that they cause the brakes to over-heat??:confused

PaulV

I had a set on my '04 vert and they looked great! Never had any negative comments or issues with them. They gave a very finished look to the wheels. Much better than rust...

Hub covers

I agree with BIGJIM, in fact he replied when I was thinking hub covers. Not regrets and they do look great.
silver1

when you say hub covers, I guess you are talking about the disk brake rotor that shows through the wheel. Mine were rusty looking POS when I bought the car. I couldn't stand it and got some black caliper paint and painted them. Now they just disappear behind the wheel. those covers are petty neat though.

If the brakes had not just been put on new when I bought mine I would be putting on some of those slotted rotors that are zinc coated. Had them on my 94 and they looked great and stayed that way for the 4 years I had them on (until I traded it for the 01).

Thanks for your input, I have not received any bad news yet?

PaulV

Here's an example:

100_4158.jpg 100_4148.jpg

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom