Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

HUD changing display after 4-day rest

Craig-o

Corvette
2001 Navy Blue Convert, 6-Speed
Anyone experienced this problem?

If the car is driven daily, the HUD maintains the same display - tach and speed. But if the car is not driven for 4-5 days, the next time I start the car, the oil pressure guage is also displayed. I turn that display off and drive to work. Then, when I start the car at the end of the day, it stays off; next morning, still off. But if the car sits again for a few days, the cycle starts all over again.

Could this be a sign of a weak battery? The car was built in May 2001, and I have not replaced the battery - could this be my early warning sign?

Thanks for the help.

Craig

My experience is that it is a low battery problem. However, the cure for mine was not to replace the battery. I had to replace the alternator. This matches my experience on my C4 of replacing the alternator about every 30k miles. Seems Corvettes just eat alternators and batteries.

Same thing happened on my '04 a couple of months ago. It was a prelude to the battery shooting craps. The HUD started to reset itself occasionally, the the battery would start losing charge if it sat very long. It never did quit completely but it would lose most of its charge if it sat more than a few days. The dealer replaced it under warante and it has been fine ever since. The alternator was charging fine the whole time - about 14.2 volts as shown on the DIC.

Kevin

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom