Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: HUD display

BLK05NY

Corvette
2005 Blk convert 6 speed
When my 05 headlights come on at night, the HUD goes out. I had a 06 Grand Prix GXP with HUD and this never happened. Is there some setting that I need to change? Saw nothing in the owner manual. Have had the car for about two months and have not played with all the options, just been enjoying driving it with the top down!

I believe the HUD display dims when the lights come on... or goes to a night time setting. I also think that dimming level is settable. Check to see if the level is too low.

I believe the HUD display dims when the lights come on... or goes to a night time setting. I also think that dimming level is settable. Check to see if the level is too low.

:upthumbs yes indeed....the brightness can be set and it does dim when lights come on. Not normal for HUD to go off when headlights come on. Try setting the intensity/brightness at night......:)

HUD night time setting

:upthumbs yes indeed....the brightness can be set and it does dim when lights come on. Not normal for HUD to go off when headlights come on. Try setting the intensity/brightness at night......:)

Thanks Shark454 and Orange09Ntexas. You were right, there is a night time setting and a day time setting to HUD. I finally had occasion to drive at night and tried your suggestion. Sure eneough, back came my HUD! I am slowly learning what all those buttons on each side of steering wheel do. I am old school, my sportcars from the 60's never had all these technological gadgets!
Enjoy your rides!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom