Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

HUD display

Corvette
1959 Ext.: Crown Jewel - Int.: Turquoise
HUD Display

All,

Could anybody tell me what the costs for a HUD unit for a 1999 would be and where/how I can order such an unit? It is possible to build this in yourself and does it need a lot of expertise (or just a sharp stanley knife) ?

thanks,
Rob Musquetier
The Netherlands

All,

Could anybody tell me what the costs for a HUD unit for a 1999 would be and where/how I can order such an unit? It is possible to build this in yourself and does it need a lot of expertise (or just a sharp stanley knife) ?

thanks,
Rob Musquetier
The Netherlands

The HUD unit is the same for all C5 years. However, I think you have to have a HUD capable instrument cluster. Also, the opening for the projector unit must be cut into the dash. From what I have read the markings are on the underside of the dash panel.

Others will certainly have more information to add.

Check ebay. I've seen the instrument cluster (must have projector plug-in) and projector for sale many times. And yes the markings are on the under side of the dash. A little patience and a little forethought make this an easy upgrade. I have had my 2000 FRC for about 3 years now and am still not used to looking in the windshield for speed and various other things the HUD projects.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom