Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! HUD loses memory

Hustler

Corvette
2000 Z51
I have a 2000 and the HUD has started to revert from my selection of the Fuel Level to the default, which I believe is Oil Pressure. I have pulled all the codes and I don't see anything that I haven't seen before. It does not always happen with a quick shut down, start up. It always occurs if the vehicle sits for X+ minutes. Any thoughts or suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Steve

I have heard that can happen when your battery is low or on the way out. C5's take a lot of battery power so get yours checked out and charged up then see if you have the same problem. I put an AC Delco Pro 700 CCA 95 RC in my 02 not to long ago.

I have a 2000 and the HUD has started to revert from my selection of the Fuel Level to the default, which I believe is Oil Pressure. I have pulled all the codes and I don't see anything that I haven't seen before. It does not always happen with a quick shut down, start up. It always occurs if the vehicle sits for X+ minutes. Any thoughts or suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Steve

I had the same issue, it was definitely the battery. Replaced the battery, HUD was stable. I have since fitted a battery disconnect for winter, see how that goes.

The C5 is very susceptible to electronic issues. As stated by Huskerman, if the battery is weak or marginal weird things start to happen. Check the battery out and when replacing, make certain that you get one with the appropriate specifications.

Watch this video I took of world class Corvette Technician, Paul Koerner. In the video, Paul talks about the importance of selecting the correct battery.

http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com...rformance/122487-c5-column-lock-debunked.html

Thanks to everyone who responded and helped me out. I replaced the battery as suggested with what was suggested and all is well once again.

:thumb

Steve

Good to hear Steve~:thumb

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom