Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

HUD...may be nothing, but...

LTVetteVert00

Corvette
2000 Navy Blue Convertible
...I have recently noticed the HUD in my Y2K Vert changing colors? It initially appears kinda green color then it takes on a definite blue hue across the upper left hand side of the display? Anyone else experienced this? Is it merely the fact that we are getting consistent sunshine after such a long time? Is it merely changing due to the ambient light?

:confused LT

When I have light shining down into the display head area, the reflection looks pretty weird. Check and see if those conditions are what you observe.

When the sun hits mine just right....FREAKSVILLE! Like an acid trip back in the 60's. Did I say that out loud?:confused :W

When the sun hits mine just right....FREAKSVILLE! Like an acid trip back in the 60's. Did I say that out loud?:confused :W

Same here... happened to me yesterday.
It was trippy.... freaked me out for a second but I figured it was the sunlight.

RPO Code for this cool addition?

Same here... happened to me yesterday.
It was trippy.... freaked me out for a second but I figured it was the sunlight.

Do you think maybe GM has deliberately programmed the HUD to do this so we will be able to tell that there is sufficient sun to drive with top down??? I looked over my build sheet last night and did not see any such accessory listed so perhaps it is merely part of the base model? In any event, it is a cool addition even if it is "trippin'".;LOL :boogie

HUD

Hey!....I too got "stung" on the tranny leak!.....I got lucky and only paid $320 to have it "fixed"....the dealer said the pan bolts were loose?....they replaced the pan gasket, tightened the bolts (service the tranny) and charged me....oh well....

I've got the same HUD issue as you, and like the others said, I found out it was the sunlight.....sometimes, depending on the time of day, it's useless....

...I have recently noticed the HUD in my Y2K Vert changing colors? It initially appears kinda green color then it takes on a definite blue hue across the upper left hand side of the display? Anyone else experienced this? Is it merely the fact that we are getting consistent sunshine after such a long time? Is it merely changing due to the ambient light?

:confused LT
LT, when I bought my Y2K coupe, the HUD picture wasn't right either! I wound up cleaning the "HUD Lens" (?) with windex and my problems went away. I really believe that my problem was overspray from Armourall or Son-Of-A-Gun from the previous owner using one of them on the dash. Look down thru the windshield into the HUD area and see if you can see any "gunk" in there, and if you do see it, go after it!

Dang!

LT, when I bought my Y2K coupe, the HUD picture wasn't right either! I wound up cleaning the "HUD Lens" (?) with windex and my problems went away. I really believe that my problem was overspray from Armourall or Son-Of-A-Gun from the previous owner using one of them on the dash. Look down thru the windshield into the HUD area and see if you can see any "gunk" in there, and if you do see it, go after it!

Honest...I never even thought of that possibility! No joke...I'll look today at lunch. We are expecting 70+ degrees here in Bama today and I'm having lunch somewhere...anywhere.. far away from work!;)

LT:w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom