Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

HUD Spotting

Mike1320

Corvette
2004 MY 6-speed Convertible
As I pursue my search for a C5 Vert, I'm annoyed that so many ads don't list all of the option on the car. I know what comes standard, I want to know what THAT car has.
Off :soapbox
Now to my question. Can you tell from a picture if a car has HUD or not? I see the location on many of the pictures but I don't know it there's really a HUD there or just a blank hole. Did Chevy put a different dash cover on cars without? If I see a hole does that mean there's a HUD hiding down there? It would make my search easier if that was true.

Thanks,

Mike

As I pursue my search for a C5 Vert, I'm annoyed that so many ads don't list all of the option on the car. I know what comes standard, I want to know what THAT car has.
Off :soapbox
Now to my question. Can you tell from a picture if a car has HUD or not? I see the location on many of the pictures but I don't know it there's really a HUD there or just a blank hole. Did Chevy put a different dash cover on cars without? If I see a hole does that mean there's a HUD hiding down there? It would make my search easier if that was true.

Thanks,

Mike

Heres 1 !!:w:w Other wise there is no Hole!!:upthumbs

Click!!

attachment.php

Yes indeed ,The HUD took a little time to get use to ,but grows on ya.At night it's awsome.

A clever man can even re-program so ya can watch speed channel.

Nice lookin' babe next to the car ,Junk .She has great taste.

in the interior on the left side of dash you will see a slider and some buttons for the hud if no hud there is nothing there like in pics :beer

Thank you, One and All. This information helps me narrow my search for the perfect (for me, anyway) C5.

Junk, thanks for the pic. I'm glad your lady friend approves.

Vett Boy, my wife's Acadia has the HUD and I hardly ever look down at the dash. I'm having to reactivate my old cockpit scan habits to keep an eye on temperatures and pressures.

Ramairvert, that's another good spotting point. Even reading the owners manuals I hadn't picked up on that one.

I see by the stats elsewhere on CAC that 92% of 2002 verts had HUD, but I'm not taking any chances.

Mike

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom