Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

hurray My Barry Grant six shooter is finally in

IH2LOSE

Corvette
1966,and a 1962 thats almost complete
So today i get a call from the fellow I was getting some parts from for the 62 explaining the Six shooter (barry grants new tri power for big blocks) is finally in stock and ready to ship.

He will be shipping it today and i should get it on monday.

I may be able to get it on befroe carlilse.

I post pictures as soon as I get it in my hands

Ain't nothin like a six-gun with some big holes, You should have time knowing how fast you work ;)

Sweet Larry...

Man ..That's gonna look great on the 62..!!!!!

Mee too

I also have one on order, so I guess I will be hearing from my supplier any day now. Be sure to post a few pics Larry, yours will undoubtedly be delivered before mine.

Stepinwolf

stepinwolf said:
I also have one on order, so I guess I will be hearing from my supplier any day now. Be sure to post a few pics Larry, yours will undoubtedly be delivered before mine.

Stepinwolf

Bob I ordered mine in septemper of last year. The fellow I am getting it from brought in some extras. http://www.carshopinc.com/about_us.php?osCsid=1175a9e865bfe1f49372fd87f5088409 The guy I deal with is Tim

He has a been a pleasure to deal with.

My biggest concerns with its installation is

I hope I dont have to remove the ingition sheilding i just installed

Throttle cable

kick down lever

And that I measured my hood clearance correctly when I made the hood scoop,I should have 3/8" clearance between the underside of the hood and the top of the air cleaner.

I have a fellow who said he can polish the carbs and the manifold in less then a week, so my hopes are to test fit every thing, order the parts I need (if any) and get it to the polisher .

Great news, good luck, and I hope everything fits properly.

My main concern was with the distributor, because the 572 is supplied with a rather large unit from MSD, and I'm convinced, it will no longer be usable.

I have decided , however , to take the wait and see option, rather then worry about something over which I have no control.

Later

Stepinwolf

stepinwolf said:
My main concern was with the distributor, because the 572 is supplied with a rather large unit from MSD, and I'm convinced, it will no longer be usable. Stepinwolf

Stepinwolf:
What are you using for an intake manifold on the 572? Are you having to use spacers?
Have you fired up your 572 yet? I think I posted this somewhere a few months back, but my 572/620 arrived with one pushrod from the 720hp version - about 0.5" too long. I caught it when I was pre-oiling for the first startup. Might want to check yours. http://www.carols62.com/59/oct05.htm

Charles

Hello Charles,

I did speak to you about the push rod issue a little while back. I seem to remember having made the doc a "favorite", so that I can reference it in the future.

No startup as yet, but looking forward to it sometime in the Spring. I have ordered spacers ( Summit Racing ) in order to install the manifold. It is supplied with the carb setup, along with the air cleaner, so not much else to purchase.

regards
Bob

Well I did not get the manifold yet it seams as though I should get it on wednesday.

I contacted Barry Grant today to see what I needed to use for my TV cable for my 700r4 trans . They said try Bowtie overdrives, http://www.bowtieoverdrives.com/index.shtml

They have a kit, So I have been unhappy with the shifting on the 62 since I built it.I have a lokar tv cable that I could never adjust proper.

So I call Bowtie and as I am explaining the current problems with my existing 700R4 and the lady on the other end of the phone is completing my sentences. she knows my exact problems and they have a kit Made for the Barry Grant Six Shooter already and the 700R4 trans that actually works correctly . So I ordered one.

I was up to the point of wanting to remove the 700R4 trans and go with a keilsler 5 speed

We will see what happens.

Congrats, Larry.

If you could, a shot down the intake runners would be REAL useful. The factory manifold I have is very restrictive because of sharp corners and turns.

I've heard that Chevy made a high rise and low rise tripower manifold....the low rise went on the Vette. Is that true?

Good, thanks. I'm certain that I have a '68 or '69. Makes sense. Short little booger.b

Well here it is.

With the air cleaner in place I am a 1/2" too tall to fit under my hood.

Tomorow I will order a 67 trip power lid and filter element and then make up a new base for it to adapt it to the barry grant set up

Looks like the ignition sheilding will be able to stay on the car, I also have to exstend the thermostat neck another inch or so ,so I can still use my cool flex radiator hose.

I am still waiting on my new TV cable for the kick down.

I will keep you guys posted

pebkac.jpg
Well here it is.

ok...now:upthumbs that is cool.......

Larry,

Is that clearance problem encountered using a big block hood. ? :confused

Stepinwolf
Bob this is the hood i have on the car.
pebkac.jpg

Originally when I built the hood I contacted Barry Grant and asked them to measure how high it was from the lifter valley to the top of the air cleaner on the front and the back, I then hot glued popsicle sticks to the intake on the car to represent the height of the air cleaner. I then built the hood so the bottom side of the hood was 3/8" of an inch higher then the sticks. So how I was wrong.

I was at a car cruise last night and was looking at a tri powered 67 and the air cleaner element is soo much shorter I will be able to use that to make up the needed clearance,

I will see you soon in Carlilse

Larry,

I am also looking forward to meeting up with you. ;)

Glad to hear that the original tri-power setup will work with your hood scoop, but this will ultimately raise another problem. Have you looked recently at the price these original pieces are going for. ?

I have no problem in paying for a BG setup, but to have to buy any of the original stuff, I will need a pay raise.:ugh

Do you happen to know the difference between the height of your hood, as compared to an original 67 big block hood. If yours is slightly lower, I might be good to go with my original hood. ?

Stepinwolf

p

Larry,

Do you happen to know the difference between the height of your hood, as compared to an original 67 big block hood. If yours is slightly lower, I might be good to go with my original hood. ?

Stepinwolf

p

Bob I am not sure how to figure out the difference as I set my motor real low in the frame.

I can measure the height from the bottom of the intake up to the top of the air cleaner and give you those dimensions

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom