Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Hurricane Ike victim

Corvette
2003 50th Annversary Red coupe, beautiful !
I've saw the first victim in Galveston from hurricane Ike, on CNN I saw a late model silver Corvette slightly crushed under a house. One more bites the dust !:ugh

That hurts! I've got several photos of Katrina Corvettes... every generation from a C1 to a C6. The two that pained me most were the 1963 SWC with steel beams sticking through the hood and the C6 coupe that was full of seaweed and marsh grass. That one couldn't have been more than 2 months old.

My heart goes out to everyone dealing with the aftermath of Ike. I hope they can recover as quickly as possible!

:wJane Ann

Corvettes are livin',breathin' things with feelin's

I guess it's not as bad as loosing a human life or the loss of a family pet -------------but it's close.I always wonder how many get lost due to major floods and storms?????

We saw a drowned blue c5 ragtop with the windows down being towed in a gail force driving rain on 2920 near Hooks airport Saturday Sept. 13th, the day of Ike, north of Houston. There was alot of flooding from the storm. We saw a half dozen submerged vehicles in a 6 mile stretch.

On the bright side, every Vette lover that loses one and lives will probably buy or resurrect another one.

In good news I saw a Vette rolling down the street in pitch darkness! Wow what a wicked sight!

I've saw the first victim in Galveston from hurricane Ike, on CNN I saw a late model silver Corvette slightly crushed under a house. One more bites the dust !:ugh
Friend of mine had just taken delivery of his new black C6 coupe in LA when katrina hit. Said it took them 6 weeks to find it. It was in a ditch 2 miles from where it was parked with 2 houses on top of it.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom